Our client, a Windsor Locks, CT-based construction company, currently has an exciting opportunity for an Accounting Assistant.
The Accounting Assistant will work hand in hand with the Office Manager and be responsible for numerous aspects of bookkeeping and record keeping, in addition to general administrative duties.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Process and maintain payroll and related reports and files, as well as assisting with monthly and yearly payroll closing procedures
- Process contract and other billing, post cash receipts and maintain A/R ledger
- Compose and edit correspondence and reports
- Update and maintain files and records
- Assist with A/P processing as needed
- Assist with processing commitment requests for purchase orders and subcontract documents and related paperwork as needed
- Develop and maintain office forms and procedures and assist with filing, copying, and administrative tasks
- Assist in answering phones and directing calls, as well as receive the public and respond to inquiries and refer, when necessary, to the appropriate person
- Receive the public and respond to inquiries and refer, when necessary, to appropriate person
- Minimum of 5 years bookkeeping/ accounting experience
- Experience with payroll processing, A/R, A/P;Certification in payroll processing is a plus
- Familiarity with AIA billing, certified payroll and union reports desired
- Flexibility, adaptability and a willingness to “wear several hats”
- Self-motivated and ability to take initiative
- Ability to operate standard office equipment
- Effective verbal and written communication skills and fluency in English
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Ability to work effectively independently and as part of a team
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with employees, agencies, and customers
- Competency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Recent experience with Sage 300 a plus
- Possess a professional, energetic personality with a desire to learn
- Ability to handle sensitive information and maintain confidentiality
- Knowledge of QuickBooks a plus
Our client offers a competitive and comprehensive compensation and benefits package.
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to apply below.