House of Friendship – Relief Addiction Treatment Worker
At House of Friendship we believe in what we are doing. We get out of bed each day to make a difference in our community; to walk with and to serve. We are not happy with the status quo. We get energy from ongoing learning and growth. We lead with passion and believe without a doubt that everyone deserves to belong and thrive. We live and breathe our values of Compassion, Inclusion, Justice, Dignity and Hope. And we have fun!
Sounds pretty great doesn’t it? It is!
We are seeking a mature and independent person to provide a supportive presence in our residential addiction treatment programs as the sole staff person during non-counselling hours. This position will cover both men’s and women’s residential addiction treatment programs.
** This is a casual position with no regularly scheduled hours. You will be scheduled on an as needed basis. Shifts will generally be between the hours of 3:00 pm to 11 pm Sunday to Saturday, or Saturday & Sunday between 8:00 am to 4:00 pm. **
Your key responsibilities include:
- Monitoring the residence
- Providing life skills and treatment support
- Working as a member of the staff team; completing documentation
- Working in a safe and healthy manner
Your skills and experience include:
- College Diploma/University Degree in Addiction Counselling/Social Services/Healthcare required
- Knowledge of substance abuse and recovery issues required
- Previous experience in a residential and/or treatment setting desired
- Sensitivity to and knowledge of issues impacting on and related to gender
- Current Standard First Aid certification or willingness to obtain
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills required
- Ability to work well independently with minimal supervision
- Maturity with ability to assess complex situations and make appropriate decisions independently and as part of a team
- Experience working within a non-profit and/or social services environment preferred
- Strong interest in working with people in need of support
- Ability to work effectively with people from various abilities, life situations and cultural backgrounds
- Commitment to understand and uphold the mission and values of House of Friendship is expected
- Valid driver’s license and use of vehicle preferred
If you are as passionate as we are about serving the community, let’s talk.
Please send your resume and cover letter by January 25, 2019.