House of Friendship – Overnight Attendant
We are growing!
At House of Friendship we believe in what we are doing. We get out of bed each day to make a difference in our community; to walk with and to serve. We are not happy with the status quo. We get energy from ongoing learning and growth. We lead with passion and believe without a doubt that everyone deserves to belong and thrive. We live and breathe our values of Compassion, Inclusion, Justice, Dignity and Hope. And we have fun!
Sounds pretty great doesn’t it? It is!
We are looking for a reliable individual who is committed to strength-based, person focused care to join our team as an Overnight Attendant. This person will work as part of the staff team and provide overnight support to clients within Men’s Residential Addiction Treatment Program. This is primarily an asleep position.
** This is a part-time, permanent position. There are two positions available. Hours are every other Friday, Saturday and Sunday from 11 pm to 8 am. Must be available to start September 2019. **
Your key responsibilities include:
- Supervise the residence as the sole staff person on shift
- Establish and maintain a helping relationship with program participants
- Administrative tasks
- Responsible to work in a safe and healthy manner
Your skills and experience include:
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Knowledge of addictions and recovery issues
- Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision
- Health and social services training important
- Current Standard First Aid certification or willingness to obtain
- Commitment to team approach
- Ability to work effectively with people from various abilities, life situations and cultural backgrounds
- Commitment to understand and uphold the mission and values of House of Friendship is expected
If you are as passionate as we are about serving the community, let’s talk.
Please send your resume and cover letter by August 7, 2019.