House of Friendship – Clinical Lead, Counselling Addiction Services
We are growing!
At House of Friendship we believe in what we are doing. We get out of bed each day to make a difference in our community; to walk with and to serve. We are not happy with the status quo. We get energy from ongoing learning and growth. We lead with passion and believe without a doubt that everyone deserves to belong and thrive. We live and breathe our values of Compassion, Inclusion, Justice, Dignity and Hope. And we have fun!
Sounds pretty great doesn’t it? It is!
House of Friendship provides a variety of Addiction Treatment Services in Waterloo/Wellington including; residential treatment, day treatment, individual counselling, group counselling, addiction and mental health supportive housing, and services for those with gambling, internet or gaming concerns and their families.
This community based counselling service is for individuals who are concerned with their substance use, problem gambling, gaming and/or internet use. The service provides individual and group counselling with offices in Kitchener and Cambridge.
We are looking for a person who has strong clinical and leadership skills and is passionate about strength based, participant focused service. In addition to clinical work, the Clinical Lead will provide day to day leadership to staff within the program. This position offers an opportunity to work creatively and independently as part of a team as well as the opportunity for ongoing professional development.
**This is a full-time, contract position for approx. 12 months. 37.5 hours per week – daytime hours with one evening per week. **
Your key responsibilities include:
- Individual and group counselling – working with individuals during scheduled sessions as well as non-scheduled, walk in sessions
- Substance Use Assessments, Screening and Referral
- Developing treatment plans collaboratively with participants
- Develop and Implement Workshops including psycho-educational, workshops and counselling groups
- Family Support and Information Sessions
- Assisting with recruitment, onboarding, orientation, staff performance development
- Working with the Manager to ensure high quality service by coaching and leading program staff, utilizing evidence informed practices and maintaining standards of care, while being flexible to individual participant needs
- Supporting staff in assessing complex situations and making appropriate decisions
- Supporting the program by liaising with community and partners as designated
The skills and experience required to be successful in this role include:
- University Degree in Counselling/Social Work is required
- Registered as a Registered Social Worker or Registered Psychotherapist.
- Demonstrated skills in motivational interviewing, CBT and staged matched interventions.
- Knowledge of problematic substance use, problem gambling gaming and internet use and issues related to and impacting on recovery is required.
- Experience in individual and group counselling
- Cultural competency, including, but not limited to gender, sexual orientation, ethnicity and various income levels
- Passion for utilizing innovative approaches to service delivery in addiction treatment settings
- Demonstrated leadership, team building and decision-making skills required, including skills in coaching and developing individuals and teams
- Demonstrated ability to be proactive, take initiative, and problem solve
- Demonstrated ability to create and maintain a positive work environment
- Ability to assess complex situations and make appropriate decisions independently and as part of a team
- Excellent organization, time management and communication skills required
- Consistent demonstration of behaviours in alignment with the mission and values of House of Friendship is essential
- May require some travel within Waterloo Region and so a driver’s license and reliable vehicle is required
- Current standard first aid certificate or willingness to obtain at hiring
If you are as passionate as we are about serving the community, let’s talk.
Please send your resume and cover letter by September 2, 2019