The Assistant Manager is responsible for assisting in the operations and sales performance of our stores and deputising for the Store Manager.
- Deputise for the Store Manager as required.
- Support the day-to-day operations in the store, including sales, staff, customer experience, security, health & safety, stock and resources management.
- Meet and exceed store targets and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Assist in managing cash, wage costs, budgets and systems administration as required (TMS, SAP, etc)
- Utilise the shop layout guides and window planograms to ensure excellent visual merchandising standards
- Recruit, train, coach and manage staff in line with company policies, ensuring fairness and consistency to all.
- Absence management including back to work interviews
- Take responsibility for specific areas of activity as assigned by the Store Manager
- Ensure all staff are assigned to key service areas and have sufficient tasks to perform each day
- Be security conscious within the store and stock rooms – monitor potential shoplifters and follow security guidelines to deter pilferage and protect stock.
- Be conscious of Health & Safety in store. Ensure all staff are fully trained and following company policies and procedures with regard to Health & Safety
- Deliver excellent store standards consistently in line with business audit requirements
- Key holder and call out person in the event of alarm activation
- Provide cover for other stores as required.
- Any other activities as required in order to ensure the successful operation of the store
Qualifications, skills and experience:
- 2/3 years retail management experience (dependent on store grade)
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, people management and leadership skills.
- Passionate about the delivery of an excellent customer experience with an understanding of how this drives sales and affects the bottom line
- Proficient IT knowledge including Excel, Email, SAP.
- Strong product knowledge and commitment to customer service with an ability to lead and inspire others.
- 3 Level Business/Retail Management Qualification beneficial but not essential
Note: This job description is not a static document and doesn’t propose to cover every aspect of this role. Duties and responsibilities of this role may