Job Scope: To assist the management team in the daily operations of the store and responsible for the day to day running of the store in the absence of management.
Candidates must be fully flexible and available to work Monday to Sunday.
- Ensure every customer to our stores gets a personal and positive service experience.
- In the absence of management, responsible for opening and closing the store, end of day recovery, deliveries, stock management and cashing up at the end of the day.
- Assign tasks to staff and ensure correct procedures are followed.
- Have a full knowledge of our product catalogue (www.elverys.ie) and current promotions.
- Engage with and profile our customers to offer the best products for our customer’s needs and optimise sales.
- Use all the tools we have in the store including Assisted Selling, footwear measuring service, Footbalance, Gait Analysis, e-receipts, radio systems etc.
- Lead by example in implementing and maintaining excellent Visual merchandising standards in store using all the tools provided.
- Coordinate and forward cash, stock, financial reports and other administration to the relevant personnel in the absence of the management team.
- Responsible for processes associated with daily deliveries and adequate stock management procedures.
- Responsible for ensuring end of day recovery is carried out completely and to the standard as set out by the Company.
- Carry out other retail duties expected of all staff e.g. sales, customer experience, recovery, deliveries, etc.
- Operate till and handle financial transactions. Deliver a great last impression to our customers.
- Be security conscious within the store and stock rooms – monitor potential shoplifters and follow security guidelines to deter theft and protect stock.
- Back-up call out person in the absence of store management in the event of alarm activation.
- Take responsibility for personal development and actively seek opportunities for improvement. Carry out training as required.
- Carry out other duties as and when required.
Qualifications, skills and experience:
- Minimum of two years retail experience required.
- A warm, friendly and engaging personality is essential.
- Great communication skills – outgoing, energetic, and focused on delivering a great customer experience.
- Strong product knowledge.
- Experience in Visual Merchandising desirable
- Ability to manage workload and delegate task
- Proficient computer skills; particularly excel, word and email.
- Available to work and provide adequate cover at least one Sunday in four.
- Initiative to undertake additional tasks as required.
- Employee discount
- Career progression including management training programs
- Bike to work & travel scheme
- Social engagement funds