Irish Wheelchair Association (IWA) is a progressive independent person centered national organisation providing services for people with limited mobility.
We now seek applications for the following fixed term position with base location in IWA Ballingar
Programme Assistant - Ballingar
(24 hour’s per week, 12 month fixed term, Salary €16,005 -19,586 DOE)
You will be supporting the daily operation of the Resource and Outreach Centre in Ballingar, enabling service users to get maximum outcome from the service they have been allocated, enhancing their independence and promoting equity in line with IWA's person centered processes. You will ensure the highest quality of service provision for our service users.
The ideal candidate will possess a minimum of 5 completed QQI Level 5 modules in Healthcare Support or similar qualification is essential.
QQI Major Awards that are deemed relevant to IWA are:
· Community & Health Services (to include minor components Safety & Health at Work and Care Provision & Practice)
· Health Service Skills (to include minor components in Workplace Statutory Policies & Procedures and Care Skills and Care Support)
· Health Care Support (to include minor components Safety & Health at Work and Care Skills and Care Support)
· Youth Work (no specific minor components required).
Previous experience of working within the disability sector or similar services is an advantage. Candidates from other sectors need to be able to demonstrate that they have relevant transferable skills.
· Excellent working conditions
· Training & development opportunities
· Access to Defined Contribution Pension scheme and group VHI & HSF Health Cash Plans
· Employee Assistance Programme
Closing date for receipt of completed applications is Friday 23rd August 2019,
IWA is an equal opportunity employer