Irish Wheelchair Association (IWA) is a progressive independent person centered national organisation providing services for people with limited mobility.
We now seek applications for the following fixed term position with base location in IWA Clontarf, Dublin 3
Young Adult Support Worker Dublin & North Wicklow
(20 Hours per month, Fixed Term 1 Year, €12.78 - €14.14 per hour)
Roles & Responsibilities:
· To work at the Clontarf monthly disco and drive/provide transport support when required.
· To support the youth service team in running of youth clubs and take sole responsibility of same in absence of youth worker.
· Provide personal care when required
· Support young adults in a person centred manner at all times in order to support their personal goals
· To adhere to all relevant IWA policies and Health & Safety guidelines
· Support volunteers in the service where relevant
· Support young people on holidays when necessary
· Support youth service with fundraising drives and in advocacy campaigns for the association as required
· Ensure adequate record keeping as required
· Attend mandatory training as it becomes relevant and required
· Carry out other duties which may be assigned from time to time
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
· QQI Level 5 in Healthcare or Youth Work
· Experience working with people with a disability and/or young people
· Experience of facilitation and working through projects from creation to finish
· B driving licence essential and willingness to drive IWA transport during evenings
· Job will predominantly be evening work so flexibility will be a key advantage
· Person focused attitude and outgoing personality who can motivate and support young people
Remuneration & Benefits
· Salary range for this position is €12.78 - €14.14 per hour
· Excellent working conditions
· Training & development opportunities
· 25 days annual leave pro rata
· Access to Defined Contribution Pension scheme and group VHI & HSF Health Cash Plans
· Employee Assistance Programme
This job description is a guide to the general range of duties and is not intended to be either restrictive or definitive and may be subject to periodic review.
Closing date for receipt of completed applications is Friday 25th October 2019
IWA is an equal opportunity employer