Irish Wheelchair Association (IWA) is a progressive independent person centered national organisation providing services for people with limited mobility.
We now seek applications for the following fixed term position with base location in IWA Clontarf, Dublin 3
Young Adult Support Worker Dublin & North Wicklow
(20 Hours per month, Fixed Term 1 Year, €12.78 - €14.14 per hour)
Roles & Responsibilities:
· To work at the Clontarf monthly disco and drive/provide transport support when required.
· To support the youth service team in running of youth clubs and take sole responsibility of same in absence of youth worker.
· Provide personal care when required
· Support young adults in a person centred manner at all times in order to support their personal goals
· To adhere to all relevant IWA policies and Health & Safety guidelines
· Support volunteers in the service where relevant
· Support young people on holidays when necessary
· Support youth service with fundraising drives and in advocacy campaigns for the association as required
· Ensure adequate record keeping as required
· Attend mandatory training as it becomes relevant and required
· Carry out other duties which may be assigned from time to time
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
· QQI Level 5 in Healthcare or Youth Work
· Experience working with people with a disability and/or young people
· Experience of facilitation and working through projects from creation to finish
· B driving licence essential and willingness to drive IWA transport during evenings
· Job will predominantly be evening work so flexibility will be a key advantage
· Person focused attitude and outgoing personality who can motivate and support young people
Remuneration & Benefits
· Salary range for this position is €12.78 - €14.14 per hour
· Excellent working conditions
· Training & development opportunities
· 25 days annual leave pro rata
· Access to Defined Contribution Pension scheme and group VHI & HSF Health Cash Plans
· Employee Assistance Programme
This job description is a guide to the general range of duties and is not intended to be either restrictive or definitive and may be subject to periodic review.
IWA is an equal opportunity employer