Programme Assistants Kilkenny - Relief Panel
Irish Wheelchair Association (IWA) is a progressive independent person centred national organisation providing services for people with limited mobility.
We now seek applications for a Relief Panel of
For our supported living services in Kilkenny
(Salary range €12.78 to €15.64 per hour DOE)
As a Programme Assistant you will be expected to provide personal and activity based assistance to the service users of the Supported Living and Holiday Centre Services in a way which enhances their independence, dignity and self-esteem as members of the local community.
The ideal candidate will have 5 modules completed in QQI Level 5 in Health Care Support or similar qualification is essential. QQI Level 5 Major Awards that are deemed relevant to IWA are:
o Community & Health Services (to include minor components Safety & Health at Work and Care Provision & Practice)
o Health Service Skills (to include minor components in Workplace Statutory Policies & Procedures and Care Skills and Care Support)
o Health Care Support (to include minor components Safety & Health at Work and Care Skills and Care Support)
· Category B Driving Licence is required.
· Previous experience of working with people with disabilities is desirable
· Understanding of the social model of disability and the concepts of person-centred planning are an advantage
· Understanding of independent living is desirable
· The ability to work as part of a team and work on own initiative
· An ability to build strong relationships at all levels.
· Strong customer service focus
Closing date for receipt of completed applications is Thursday, 13th August 2020
IWA is an equal opportunity employer