Data Engineer - Entry / Mid Level
Work with a great team on interesting projects & customers
Gain more experience in AWS, Data, & DevOps cloud operations
Got a working knowledge of AWS? We will teach you the cool stuff!
Itoc is seeking an up and coming Data Engineer to join our growing Data Team in Sydney.
This is an exciting role working with databases, data lakes, data warehouses, data transformation (Python & SQL) and enabling AI/ML.
You will be implementing foundational, robust and production ready data platforms to enable business data-discovery, self-service, AI/ML functions across a range of client types and industries, allowing them to do more with their data.
You'll be responsible for:
- Deploying data repositories such as lakes and warehouses.
- Contribute to our growing portfolio of data solutions.
- Ongoing optimisation and management of data platforms.
- Development of transformational logic for data pipelines
- Data evangelism. We want to show our clients how to follow the best practices for data.
Desired Skills and Experience
To take up the challenge, you will have a depth of skills and experience including:
- 1-2+ yrs of focused data experience working with SQL and/or NoSQL solutions
- A solid education in Software Engineering or equivalent industry experience.
- Anything Data focused preferred.
- Ability to analyse business scenarios and associated data landscape to derive potential opportunities.
- Strong foundation in Python and SQL
- Working knowledge of APIs
- Principle knowledge of the different relational database platforms and modern data storage techniques
- Knowledge of the different aspects of data environments
- Collect, store, process, verify & consume
- Experience with version management systems (such as GIT)
- Working knowledge of AWS or another cloud platform - we will teach you the cool stuff.
- Great communication skills, an ability to work closely with customers, developers and engineers and the confidence to present ideas in open forums.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications and/or industry certifications.
- Great communication skills, an ability to work closely with clients, developers and engineers and the confidence to present ideas in open forums.
While not required, a background in consulting and professional services is highly desirable.
This is an exciting and challenging career opportunity to join the growing Sydney-based Data Team of a leading cloud solution provider where you will be given support to reach your long term career goals. You will be part of a team of cloud experts and will work in an environment of continuous improvement and learning delivering innovative cloud solutions across SaaS, online business and enterprise business.
On offer is a chance to join a team with a great working environment, in an organisation that values its employees and sees the value in ensuring they are engaged. Our team are clearly passionate about what they do, that's why we won the following awards:
- Customer Obsession Partner of the Year 2015: ANZ Region
- Customer Obsession Leadership Partner 2015: re:Invent
As an employer of choice Itoc offers competitive remuneration, training and development programs and a great working environment. We value a healthy work life balance.
- MacBook or Dell
- Continuous internal learning that will provide training and career development opportunities
- Working with a collaborative, social team and leveling-up your skills faster than you will anywhere else.
- Quarterly social events
Culture and smarts are important to us. Bring your secret sauce. This is no ordinary environment, you will work along some of the Cloud’s best. All engineers at Itoc must gain at least five AWS certifications. We work hard but we have fun.
Please note you must have full working rights in Australia and be available on-shore for face to face interviews.
No recruiters please.