DevOps / Cloud Engineer (AWS) - Brisbane
- Healthy work /life balance with flexible working conditions
- Level up your skills in the latest cloud technologies
- Join an award winning AWS partner!
We accelerate and de-risk our clients' journey into the cloud.
We are an award winning cloud consulting, engineering & managed services company with a proven track record assisting clients with their cloud strategy, implementation and operations.
As a leading consulting partner with Amazon Web Services, we build relationships based on integrity and a no failed project ethos.
Culture and smarts are important to us. Bring your secret sauce. This is no ordinary environment, you will work along some of the Cloud’s best.
We work hard but we have fun.
We are looking for talented DevOps/ Cloud Engineers to join our growing next gen team working with a range of client types and industries including Government, SaaS and Finance.
This is a broad role with a primary focus on the delivery of Itoc’s Managed AWS and DevSecOps services, including key responsibilities in the areas of cloud engineering, infrastructure management and automation. We also build cool stuff!
- Deploying foundation AWS environments for new customers and migrating / deploying applications.
- Troubleshooting issues in customer environments and seeing them through to resolution.
- Monitoring the service board and responding to managed service requests and incidents during the day and rostered on-call.
- Operational managed services tasks including implementing Change Requests.
- Contribute to resource planning and scheduling of managed services tasks
- Contribute to the improvement of managed services processes, e.g. on-boarding, change management, incident management, and other key processes.
- Contribute to the ongoing selection, management and improvement of Itoc’s internal tools and systems.
- Contribute to the Managed AWS and DevOps services strategy and road-map.
- Regular education and certification in the latest cloud technologies.
- Technical account and general customer service.
- Customer meetings and technical workshops.
- Working with clients to understand their requirements.
- Designing and implementing various types of cloud architectures.
- Mentoring junior team members.
About the person:
To take up the challenge, you will have a depth of skills and experience in a number of the following - we can teach you the rest:
- A working knowledge of AWS - We can help develop these skills further although a working knowledge is required.
- Experience in DevOps principles and practices.
- A good knowledge of networking and security.
- Linux systems architecture within web and enterprise environments.
- Windows architecture in particular Windows Server, Active Directory & SQL Server
- Experience supporting highly available load balanced solutions.
- Experience in application deployment and release management (CI/CD)
- Great communication skills, an ability to work closely with customers, developers and engineers and the confidence to present ideas in open forums.
- Continuous improvement mindset.
- A STEM qualification is highly desirable (although experience counts!) and/or industry certifications.
Ideally you will be comfortable to help develop some of our amazing talent. We offer genuine career opportunities in technical and non technical roles that will allow you to play with the latest in cloud technologies.
Why should you apply:
This is an exciting and challenging career opportunity to join our growing Brisbane-based team of a leading cloud solution provider where you will be given support to reach your long term career goals. You will be part of a team of cloud experts and will work in an environment of continuous improvement and learning delivering innovative cloud solutions across SaaS, online and enterprise business.
As an employer of choice Itoc offers;
- Competitive remuneration, training and continuous development programs - level up your skills faster than anywhere else.
- Collaborative and close knit social team environment.
- We value a healthy work life balance. Talk to us about flexible working.
- Choice of Mac or Microsoft laptop.
- Regular social events
- Application - please upload your CV and link to LinkedIn profile if you have one.
- Review - Depending on the role and candidate pool please allow up to 1 week for your application to be reviewed.
- Phone Screen - if your CV is deemed suitable expect to hear from us for a quick call.
- Interview - Will be focused on your team fit and technical capabilities and may require to meet multiple team members. But don't worry, we’re very friendly!
- Background checks - You will be required to have a police and 2 reference checks.