Senior Data Engineer
Work with a great team on interesting projects & customers
Flex your experience in AWS, Data, & DevOps cloud operations
Lead the design and development of compelling data lake & Kafka solutions
Itoc is seeking a Senior Data Engineer to join our growing Data Team in Sydney (or Brisbane).
This is an exciting role working with modern data architectures for data lakes, Apache Kafka, databases & warehouses, and data transformation (Python & SQL).
You will be implementing foundational, robust and production ready data platforms to enable business data-discovery, self-service, and AI/ML functions across a range of client types and industries, allowing them to do more with their data.
You'll be responsible for:
- Expanding our capability in our core data focus areas
- Data Lakes & Modern Data Architectures
- Relational Databases & Warehouses
- Apache Kafka clusters and services
- Keeping our customers ahead of the curve with the latest data technologies and tools
- Contribute to our growing portfolio of data solutions
- Ongoing optimisation and management of data platforms
- Architecture and development of data ingestion, transformation, and presentation pipelines
- Data evangelism. We want to show our clients how to follow the best practices for data
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
To take up the challenge, you will have a depth of skills and experience including:
- 5+ yrs of focused data experience working with data lake, database, and pub/sub solutions
- Ability to analyse business scenarios and associated data landscape to derive potential opportunities.
- Excellent Python and SQL skills (Additional experience with Java is favourable)
- Demonstrated design, deployment and operation of data lakes including streaming ingestion & analytics
- Architecture & development of Kafka clusters and producers/consumers
- Including accessory services such as KSQL, Schema Registry, monitoring tools etc.
- Knowledge of Confluent Cloud or AWS MSK is favourable
- Comprehensive understanding of modern data storage structures and technologies
- e.g. Parquet, avro etc
- Knowledge of the different aspects of data environments
- Collect, store, process, verify & consume
- Robust knowledge of relational database platforms & query engines on AWS
- e.g. Amazon Aurora, Amazon Athena, Amazon Redshift
- Designing and interacting with APIs & data source endpoints
- Extensive experience with version management systems (such as GIT)
- Comprehensive knowledge of AWS or another cloud platform, with an emphasis on Infrastructure-as-Code
- Great communication skills, an ability to work closely with customers, developers and engineers and the confidence to present ideas in open forums
- Relevant tertiary qualifications and/or industry certifications
While not required, a background in consulting and professional services is highly desirable.
This is an exciting and challenging career opportunity to join the growing Sydney-based Data Team of a leading cloud solution provider where you will be given support to reach your long term career goals. You will be part of a team of cloud experts and will work in an environment of continuous improvement and learning delivering innovative cloud solutions across SaaS, online business and enterprise business.
On offer is a chance to join a team with a great working environment, in an organisation that values its employees and sees the value in ensuring they are engaged. Our team are clearly passionate about what they do, that's why we won the following awards:
- Customer Obsession Partner of the Year: ANZ Region
- Customer Obsession Leadership Partner
As an employer of choice Itoc offers competitive remuneration, training and development programs and a great working environment. We value a healthy work life balance.
- Mac or Windows laptop
- Continuous internal learning and mentoring that will provide training and career development opportunities for yourself and others
- Working with a collaborative, social team and making a difference every day for our customers
- Quarterly social events and stocked beer fridge (in the meantime we’re all WFH!)
Culture and smarts are important to us. Bring your secret sauce. This is no ordinary environment, you will work alongside some of the Cloud’s best. We work hard, but we have fun.
For more information about our company please visit http://www.itoc.com.au
We're not looking to use the services of a recruiter at this time thanks.