Data Engineer - Intermediate Level - Sydney
- Work with a great team on interesting projects & customers
- Gain more experience in AWS, Data, & DevOps cloud operations
- Got a working knowledge of AWS? We will teach you the cool stuff!
We accelerate and de-risk our clients' journey into the cloud.
We are an award winning cloud consulting, engineering & managed services company with a proven track record assisting clients with their cloud strategy, implementation and operations.
As a leading consulting partner with Amazon Web Services, we build relationships based on integrity and a no failed project ethos.
Culture and smarts are important to us. Bring your secret sauce. This is no ordinary environment, you will work along some of the Cloud’s best.
We work hard but we have fun.
We are growing our Data Team in Sydney and looking to bring on those with ambitions to grow both technically and professionally. You will be working with databases, data lakes, data warehouses, data transformation (Python & SQL) and enabling AI/ML.
As a Data Engineer you will be implementing foundational, robust and production ready data platforms to enable business data-discovery, self-service, AI/ML functions across a range of client types and industries, allowing them to do more with their data.
Key responsibilities include;
- Deploying data repositories such as lakes and warehouses.
- Contribute to our growing portfolio of data solutions.
- Ongoing optimisation and management of data platforms.
- Development of transformational logic for data pipelines.
- Data evangelism. We want to show our clients how to follow the best practices for data.
To take up the challenge, you will have:
- A passion for data!
- Focused data experience working with SQL and/or NoSQL solutions.
- Solid exposure to Software Engineering practises.
- Ability to analyse business scenarios and associated data landscape to derive potential opportunities.
- Strong foundation in Python and SQL.
- Kafka experience is highly desirable.
- Working knowledge of APIs.
- Principle knowledge of the different relational database platforms and modern data storage techniques.
- Knowledge of the different aspects of data environments.
- Understanding of the data lifecycle management process.
- Experience with version management systems (such as Git).
- Working knowledge of AWS or another cloud platform - we will teach you the cool stuff.
- Great communication skills, an ability to work closely with customers, developers and engineers and the confidence to present ideas in open forums.
- Continuous improvement mindset.
- A STEM qualification is highly desirable (although experience counts!) and/or industry certifications.
While not required, a background in consulting and professional services will be beneficial.
Why should you apply:
This is an exciting and challenging career opportunity to join the growing Sydney-based Data Team of a leading cloud solution provider where you will be given support to reach your long term career goals. You will be part of a team of cloud experts and will work in an environment of continuous improvement and learning delivering innovative cloud solutions across SaaS, online and enterprise business.
As an employer of choice Itoc offers;
- Competitive remuneration, training and continuous development programs - level up your skills faster than anywhere else.
- Collaborative and close knit social team environment.
- We value a healthy work life balance.
- Choice of Mac or Dell
- Regular social events
- Application - please upload your CV and link to LinkedIn profile if you have one.
- Review - Depending on the role and candidate pool please allow up to 1 week for your application to be reviewed.
- Phone Screen - if your CV is deemed suitable expect to hear from us for a quick call.
- Interview - Will be focused on your team fit and technical capabilities and may require to meet multiple team members. But don't worry, we’re very friendly!
- Background checks - You will be required to have a police and 2 reference checks