Head of Data Engineering - Sydney
We accelerate and de-risk our clients' journey into the cloud.
We are an award winning cloud consulting, engineering & managed services company with a proven track record assisting clients with their cloud strategy, implementation and operations.
As a leading consulting partner with Amazon Web Services, we build relationships based on integrity and a no failed project ethos.
Culture and smarts are important to us. Bring your secret sauce. This is no ordinary environment, you will work along some of the Cloud’s best.
We work hard but we have fun.
We’re looking for a Head of Data Engineering to be a key person in the Itoc leadership team in Sydney as we grow our exciting cloud consulting and engineering business. This is a varied role, providing the opportunity for you to harness your project, people & technical leadership and customer engagement skills.
The Head of Data Engineering is a pivotal role that will continue building out our Sydney centric Data Engineering capability servicing a range of high profile customers nationally.
Come and be part of our exciting growth journey!
- Thought leadership - drive growth of our data practice through a combination of talent management and oversight of delivery work.
- Combine effectively with sales on the requirement gathering process and throughout the opportunity lifecycle process.
- Develop SOW’s and recommend strategies to grow the Data and Cloud practise across new and existing clients.
- Maximise your team's performance and culture.
- Provide key architectural & design input into next generation cloud solutions leveraging IaaS and PaaS.
- Making sure our management process is effective and continually improving.
- Architecting and driving adoption of DevOps and Agile culture, processes and tools.
- Contribute to the ongoing definition, management and improvement of Itoc’s internal and external processes and service catalogue.
- Contribute to the achievement and retention of Itoc’s industry certifications and accreditations, including individual business and technical certifications.
We are looking for someone that can bring their whole selves to the company. As our business continues to experience rapid growth we require someone that can help shape our journey and bring their diverse perspective to the Itoc family.
Key criteria includes;
- Mix of technical and people leadership skills.
- Comfortable adding their ‘flavour’ to our company's growth.
- Strong emotional intelligence to build a strong team environment which adheres to company values.
- Common sense and strong problem-solving skills.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to work under your own initiative.
- Experience delivering data projects.
- Amazing communication and relationship-building skills.
- Knowledge of Cloud Computing including the Amazon Web Services platform would be beneficial.
- Not afraid to challenge status-quo and bring a continuous improvement mindset to the business.
Experience/ exposure in the following technologies will be beneficial;
- Python, SQL, Java/ Scala
- Kafka clusters
- Confluent Cloud or AWS MSK
- Modern data storage technologies such as Parquet, Arvo etc
- Relational database platforms & query engines on AWS e.g. Amazon Aurora, Amazon Athena, Amazon Redshift
- Version management systems such as Git
Why should you apply:
This is an exciting and challenging career opportunity to join the growing Sydney-based Data Team of a leading cloud solution provider where you will be given support to reach your long term career goals and be a key person in growing our business. You will be part of a team of cloud experts and will work in an environment of continuous improvement and learning delivering innovative cloud solutions across SaaS, online and enterprise business.
As an employer of choice Itoc offers;
- Competitive remuneration, training and continuous development programs - level up your skills faster than anywhere else.
- Collaborative and close knit social team environment.
- We value a healthy work life balance.
- Choice of Mac or Microsoft laptop.
- Regular social events
- Application - please upload your CV and link to LinkedIn profile if you have one.
- Review - Depending on the role and candidate pool please allow up to 1 week for your application to be reviewed.
- Phone Screen - if your CV is deemed suitable expect to hear from us for a quick call.
- Interview - Will be focused on your team fit and technical capabilities and may require to meet multiple team members. But don't worry, we’re very friendly!
- Background checks - You will be required to have a police and 2 reference checks