The Bank of Georgia Information Technology Department is looking for passionate, curious, and talented Head of Data Science and Analytics Unit, you will have an enormous opportunity to make a large impact on the design, architecture, and implementation of innovative products. Leader of this team will be challenged to innovate using the latest big data techniques. We are looking for people who are motivated by thinking big, moving fast, and exploring business insights. If you are a resourceful, creative and team-oriented who can work collaboratively with others to deliver solutions, if you’re also able to align our data products with our business goals, this may be the opportunity for you!
- Manage data scientist, data engineers and big data specialists to build, scale and deploy all data solutions
- Design advanced analytics algorithms and advising solutions for statistical analysis, prediction and machine learning
- Recommend changes and improvements based on research findings
- Research market and industry trends and patterns
- Inform and advise various levels of management and stakeholders
- Conceive, plan and prioritize data projects
- Align data projects with organizational goals
- Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics or a related field
- 5+ years of experience working in data science, analytics or engineering
- Experience working with large-scale, complex datasets to create/optimize machine learning, predictive, forecasting, and optimization models
- Experience creating and using advanced machine learning algorithms and statistics: regression, simulation, scenario analysis, modeling, clustering, decision trees, neural networks, graph theory, etc.
- Experience analyzing data from 3rd party providers: Google Analytics, Facebook Insights, etc.
- Experience using statistical computer languages (R, Python, SLQ, etc.) to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of relational database concepts, data modelling.
- Knowledge of distributed systems as it pertains to data storage and computing
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Enjoying learning new technologies and putting them into use
- Communicative, flexible, team player, a quick learner, with can-do attitude and independent initiative, creative and analytical thinking
- Ability to solve problems and troubleshoot issues quickly and effectively
- Ability to write in a clear and concise manner and to communicate effectively in Georgian and English
How to apply
Interested candidates, please fill in the information, attach your CV and submit by clicking “apply for position now” Deadline is March 11, 2020.