12 months fixed-term contract
Kaplan International Pathways, a division of Kaplan Inc. is an exciting company in the world of international education. We offer a range of courses from University preparation programmes in the UK, Australia, USA, China and Japan through to full degree programmes, in partnership with universities at locations in Singapore, Hong Kong and Australia. Through our academic partnerships with leading universities, we provide expertise in international student recruitment and focus on first-rate pastoral care and student support. We provide international students with high quality, flexible international education and study opportunities.
Our Admissions team is responsible for recruiting students from around the globe to our international colleges throughout the UK. We are now recruiting an Administrator to support our London based Admissions team with a range of administrative tasks including: diary management, room bookings, compiling reports etc. The role would ideally suit a new graduate with strong IT literacy and good interpersonal skills, who is looking to gain office-based, administrative experience.
Responsibilities will include:
- taking notes, distributing agendas, minutes and actions as required
- administering expense claims
- making travel arrangements for UK and international travel, including making arrangements for visas where necessary
- acting as the first point of contact for both internal and external visitors
- providing support for the Admissions, Pre-Enrolment Services, Central Accommodation, Visa and Applicant Services, and Enquiry teams
- liaising with other departments and external partners as appropriate
- providing telephone support
- assisting the team with audits during busy periods including pre-enrolment times
- supporting the administration of special projects
- ability and desire to work in a high volume, fast paced environment
- ability to demonstrate organisational understanding in getting things done through formal and informal networks
- team player with flexibility to work additional hours to complete the task if required, or help out other team members
- ability to use initiative and take ownership of tasks
- strong customer focus and good communication skills (verbal and written)
- ability to work well under pressure and manage time well
- IT literacy - Microsoft Office and data entry/reporting
What we will offer you:
As an Administrator working within the Admissions team, you will be joining a dynamic multilingual business in the high-growth industry of international education, and in a company which prides itself on its exceptional student experience and study outcomes. You will be provided with an initial induction, overview of the business, and systems training.
You will be based at our fabulous offices in Kensington Village, a really attractive business complex, 5 minutes from West Kensington tube, with 2 restaurants (one heavily subsidised) and a bar onsite. Our neighbours on the complex include leading advertising agencies and media businesses.
Apply with both your CV and covering letter telling us why you would be suitable for this role via our online application form by Friday 19th January 2018.