We are looking to recruit a graduate trainee for an immediate start, with fully funded study and study support (ACCA/CIMA), to work as an International Credit Controller in a 40-strong Finance department which can offer excellent long-term career opportunities.
Kaplan International English is a world-leading global education business with English centres in 40 locations and customers from over 100 countries. As part of Kaplan Inc, and a sister business of Kaplan Financial, we are uniquely placed to support the professional development of our finance team.
You’ll be based in our Head Office in West Kensington, London, as a key member of our finance team with responsibility for ensuring that outstanding debtor balances are chased on time, payments are posted and accounts are reconciled.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Preparing monthly statements for Agents/Sponsors
- Collection of outstanding balances by email and telephone (chasing outstanding debt makes up 50% of this role)
- Investigating and resolving invoice queries by liaising with internal and external parties
- Focus on reducing risk/bad debt
- Processing multi-currency payments and allocating on a daily basis ensuring ledgers are up to date
- Processing bank transactions and reconciling intercompany accounts and general ledgers on a monthly basis
- Raising manual debits/credits to reflect accounting movement on the ledger
- Processing refunds and commission payments to students/agents
- Building and maintaining good business relationships with all agents and stakeholders
- Identifying and recommending process improvements related to own work
- Ad-hoc tasks
To be considered for the role in the role, you will need:
- 2.1 degree from a well-ranked university and good A-levels (or equivalent)
- Some experience working within a fast-paced, high-volume finance environment
- Good knowledge and experience of working with accounting principles
- Strong client focus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines
- Natural curiosity and a strong desire to learn and develop
- Experience and knowledge of accounting systems
- Intermediate Excel knowledge (V Lookups, pivot tables, formatting of data…)
- Team player and strong work ethic
- Ability to use initiative and take ownership of ledger
What we will offer you:
This is a full-time position with a salary of £22,000 - £24,000 per annum
- Fully funded ACCA or CIMA fees
- 1 revision day and 1 exam day per paper
- Supportive work environment
- Stunning, architect-designed offices in West Kensington, London
- Communal seating and eating areas, kitchens, showers and on onsite bar
- Friendly team of international, multilingual colleagues
- Full induction plus on-going training and coaching from experienced supervisors
- Career progression opportunities include possible moves to other finance departments such as accounts and group finance
Kaplan International English a division of Kaplan Inc. (a subsidiary of Graham Holdings Company), is an exciting company in the world of international education. With 44 English language schools in the UK, Ireland, USA, Canada, Australia and New Zealand, we are a leading provider of English language courses and other study abroad programmes for students from more than 100 countries around the world.
How to apply
To apply for this role, you will to submit an up-to-date CV and a cover letter which explains why you are interested in this opportunity and why you want to pursue a career in Accounting and Finance. Please note: we read all cover letters and only applicants who include a letter will be considered.
Closing date for applications: 22nd January 2018
Please note that we may close the role before this date if a suitable applicant is found.