Kaplan Open Learning delivers online degree courses for the University of Essex under the brand name of University of Essex Online (UoEO). The University and Kaplan have developed a partnership over the past ten years to offer high quality online courses.
About the role
We are now in the process of validating a new stream of health degrees focusing on Healthcare Management at both undergraduate and postgraduate level, scheduled to launch from September 2018. and are looking for healthcare professionals with an immediate start to join our team as Associate Tutors. As an Associate Tutor, you'll be helping us develop and deliver content for our academic modules for our BSc Healthcare Management & MSc International Healthcare Management degrees. The role offers remote working and hours to fit around existing commitments.
About the role
We are now looking for enthusiastic individuals to get involved in the development and delivery of modules across a range of levels (4, 5, 6 and 7).
We would be looking for our team members to develop in the following areas:
- Healthcare Management
- Healthcare Systems
- Health Informatics
- Health Economics
- Public Health
- Health Policy
The initial focus of the role will be focused on module development, including recording audio lecturecasts, setting unit reading and designing assessments including discussion forum and assignment questions. Once the module has been developed, the focus of the role will change to that of a module tutor, supporting students in their progression through the module. The role of module tutor includes grading assignments, moderating and grading discussion forums, providing webinar teaching sessions, answering queries from students, reviewing module content and liaising with the programme leader to aid the smooth running of the module. Full support and training will be provided in both roles in close collaboration with the programme leader.
You will need:
- UK -recognised qualifications (academic and /or professional), equivalent to at least Masters level, relevant to the subject area
- Experience of teaching and assessing at the appropriate level within the UK HE sector
Also desirable would be:
- Experience of delivering on a blended learning basis with the use of a VLE
- Experience of module and/or course leadership in a UK university
- Experience of module/ course design at HE level
- A PhD in a related subject and/or evidence of extensive healthcare management experience
What we offer
- Competitive pay
- Flexible working hours
- Full training and support for VLE
- Mentoring support to develop confidence in online delivery of a module
- Tutor training to settle new tutors in online learning environment
How to apply
To apply, please send an up-to-date CV, and a brief covering letter showing how you meet the criteria to join our team as an Associate Tutor.