We are recruiting an Construction Project Officer to support the delivery of all construction projects across Kaplan International, excluding KI’s US operations. You’ll assist with overseeing the construction and delivery of new large scale developments.
You’ll be based in the UK ideally in Manchester with frequent travel to sites: Liverpool, Nottingham, Brighton, Bath and London.
Your main responsibilities:
- assist the Director of Estates and Construction and Project Managers (construction) with delivering inspiring teaching, learning and residential facilities.
- assist in the delivery from inception to completion - various construction, refurbishment, moves and new build projects from £0.5m - £30m
- work with multidisciplinary project teams
- work with external developer partners to deliver schemes
- critically analyse, write and comment on specifications and designs
- seek out and advise on new furniture and learning science products
- provide a safe, efficient and effective service to Kaplan staff and partner universities
- prepare with Director of Estates and Construction, budgets for all planned and speculative projects whilst exercising budgetary control over the allocations made on each individual project.
- prepare internal and external progress reports for projects to be presented to board level
- ensure that all staff, employees, contractors, sub contractors and consultants are proactively safety conscious, and are aware of relevant legislation
- ensure that all employees , contractors, sub contractors and consultants are aware of the stringent UKVI regulations
- keep up to date with statutory legislation ensure teams are aware of any changes
- carry out all procurement to ensure maximum value for money and compliance with company regulations
- to assist with space management process, analysis of existing and future space
- prepare presentations for US and UK board approval
- work with internal and external designers for space, working with manufacturers to procure the best products for the space, durability, longevity and cost
- manage on-site clerks of works and experts checking the quality of design and execution of construction
- To advise Kaplan’s Health and Safety Manager of all construction projects and work closely with them to ensure policies, procedures and legislation are followed
- To appoint Principal Designer to oversee CDM where appropriate
- To tender all projects to obtain the best value in terms of cost, quality and deliverability
- degree level in construction/ building related subject
- relevant post qualification experience
- experience working for a large complex organisation in education, student accommodation, hotel, focusing on new builds and refurbishments
- sound contract management and administration skills
- ability to travel nationally with regular meetings in London, Nottingham and project sites (Liverpool, Bath, Brighton, London)
- professional body membership – RICS, CIOB
- ability to use CAD
- one of the following - background of M&E design and installation, background of QS or background of IT/ AV installations
Apply with your CV and covering letter via our online application form.
Application deadline: 19th January, 2018