Kaplan International Pathways, a division of Kaplan Inc. is an exciting company in the world of international education. We offer a range of courses from University preparation programmes in the UK, Australia, USA, China and Japan through to full degree programmes, in partnership with universities at locations in Singapore, Hong Kong and Australia. Through our academic partnerships with leading universities, we provide expertise in international student recruitment and focus on first-rate pastoral care and student support. We provide international students with high quality, flexible international education and study opportunities.
We are recruiting Sessional Tutors for Language for Study or Preparatory English modules to join our team at Nottingham Trent International College (NTIC). Established in 2005, the College is operated by Kaplan International Pathways, in partnership with Nottingham Trent University. It offers university preparation courses to prepare international students for entry to degree programmes at Nottingham Trent University and welcomes students from over 50 countries.
As a Sessional Tutor for Language for Study or Preparatory English modules you’ll be responsible for:
- Preparing and delivering modules in the relevant subject
- Providing assistance with module examinations and other forms of assessment
- Using the Virtual Learning Environment (VLE) to facilitate teaching and learning
- Providing feedback for related modules to the annual review and reporting process
- Maintaining an accurate and up-to-date record of student attendance and performance
- Any other duties, as required, from time to time by the College Director, Academic Director and the Programme Leaders.
As the successful candidate, you will enjoy working with international students, be student-focused and performance driven. In addition you will have:
- A Bachelor’s degree and a CELTA (or equivalent)
- Previous teaching experience in one of the relevant areas of expertise or a related area, preferably within a UK higher education context or with students aged 16+
- Familiarity with working within a VLE (desirable)
- Competence in teaching and administrative IT skills (Microsoft Office suite etc.)
- Strong record-keeping skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Flexibility and willingness to work under pressure to deadlines
- Enthusiasm and motivation to be an active team player and to encourage students’ learning.
Please apply with your CV and covering letter, highlighting why you believe you are suitable for the role.
This appointment will be subject to clearance from the Disclosure Barring Service. Employment is conditional upon successful completion of DBS and professional reference checks. Applicants must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work in the UK.
Closing date: 31 January 2018