Since 2007, we’ve been delivering University of Essex Online courses to students from all walks of life - from 18 years to 80 years and based in more than 40 countries. Our students complete their degrees through distance learning using our online resources, undertaking web-based tutorials and lectures on our learning management platform. Our flexible learning model allows students to enrol every month and study at their own pace around their other commitments. We’ve opened up higher education opportunities to thousands of students for whom conventional on-campus study was not an option. We recently achieved 93% student satisfaction in the National Student Survey and we take pride in providing a first-class learning experience for our students.
We’re looking for a Project Manager who will use their skills in overseeing and coordinating different work streams to drive forward the development of our Bachelors and Masters Business programmes. Making use of feedback from students, tutors and examiners, you will:
- define and prioritize areas which need to be updated and developed
- identify subject matter experts to work on the new content
- produce detailed scope of requirements for new course items and updates
- liaise with our learning technology team ensure that the updates are implemented to high quality
- ensure that the content is relevant and suitable and meets our partner’s academic standards
- check that the online delivery is smooth, easy to navigate and functioning as it should.
- use data to spot issues with drop-off, low completion rates
- identify key actions to improve course content and increase engagement
To be considered for the role, you will need:
- Minimum 2.1 Bachelors degree
- Masters degree in economics or a business-related discipline
- Strong project management experience
- To be studying towards or to already possess a Project Management qualification
- Proven interest in and passion for higher education and online learning
- Ability to work well with and lead people
- Strong written and oral communication skills
Please apply with a CV and covering letter, explaining how you would use your skills and experience to help us to drive forward the delivery of Essex Online’s Bachelors and Masters programmes in business.