Kaplan International Pathways, a division of Kaplan Inc. is an exciting company in the world of international education. We offer a range of courses from University preparation programmes in the UK, Australia, USA, China and Japan through to full degree programmes, in partnership with universities at locations in Singapore, Hong Kong and Australia. Through our academic partnerships with leading universities, we provide expertise in international student recruitment and focus on first-rate pastoral care and student support. We provide international students with high quality, flexible international education and study opportunities.
We are recruiting an Academic Director to join our team at Nottingham Trent International College. To succeed in the role, you'll be performance driven and enjoy working on projects with a number of stakeholders. A substantial amount of academic management experience in the education or EFL sector is also essential for the post.
- Overall responsibility for the management of academic quality assurance procedures and programmes offered by the College, including teaching, learning support, assessments and examining, reporting, external examiner and cover activities.
- Managing and leading the programme approval process for new programmes developed for delivery within the College or amendments requiring the approval of the partner university.
- Co-ordinating the use of teaching resources to manage the delivery of programmes offered by the College, including timetabling and room allocation.
- Managing and chairing of academic boards and coordinating other relevant boards to support academic activities and the management of academic standards in the College.
- Managing the effective measurement of the student learning experience in relation to academic performance, tutorial provision and all aspects of the student learning experience, including the performance of students once they have progressed to the partner university.
- Managing the development and implementation of action plans, produced following review activities within the College and KIC, related to the student academic learning experience.
- Ensuring the effective use of learning resources within the College including the use of the VLE and other on-line resources.
- Ensuring strong integration between academic teams involved in the delivery of programmes and tutorials, including coordinating teaching and learning staff development activities.
- Communicating and dealing with any issues related to academic policies liaising closely with the College Director and other senior academic staff in the College and national KIC staff responsible for academic and quality assurance.
- Providing academic leadership to a team of academic managers, including all HR and related activities.
- Assisting with the review, development and refinement of progression routes for students with the partner university to enhance the availability and suitability of progression options for students within the College.
- Liaising with other senior academic staff within KIC and contributing to the management of assessment strategies and academic developments.
- Contributing to the delivery and assessment of teaching programmes offered by the College (normal teaching load of 4-6 hours per week).
- Representing the College at appropriate events and meetings within KIC, the partner university and externally.
- Any other duties as required from time to time by the College Director, including deputising, when required, for the College Director in his/her absence.
- A minimum of a UK Bachelor degree or equivalent and preferably a UK Masters degree or higher.
- Understanding of UK further and higher education and experience of academic management and/or quality assurance in UK further and/or higher education.
- Experience of managing and providing academic leadership to a team of academic staff.
- Knowledge of the needs of international students and experience of teaching and/or working with international students.
- Strong project management, resource allocation and organizational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and good communication skills.
- Flexibility and willingness to work under pressure to deadlines.
- Enthusiasm and be a performance-driven team player and leader.
Application method: Apply with your CV and covering letter via our online application form.
Closing deadline for applications: 12 noon 23 February 2018
Interviews will take place w/c 5 March 2018.
This appointment will be subject to clearance from the Disclosure Barring Service (DBS). Employment is conditional upon successful completion of DBS and professional reference checks. Applicants must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work in the UK.