It’s the middle of the month and there are still spaces on next month’s intake for the LLB. You log into Salesforce to pull the data on recent law course enquiries. It’s a decent-sized list, built up over the last 6 months from a number of successful third-party marketing campaigns you’ve been involved with managing. You start to think about the template you’ll need to create in Dotmailer; what type of messaging and call to action could help to re-engage some of these leads for our admissions team to start talking to? One of our recent law graduates, who just landed the job she’s been dreaming of, has provided a fantastic testimonial which would be an ideal piece of content to include in the text.
If you’d like to put your marketing brain to work on something that really can change lives, then read on.
Since 2007, we’ve been delivering University of Essex courses, online, to students from all walks of life - from 18 years to 80 years and based in more than 100 countries. Our students don’t sit in lecture halls or frequent the union bar: they complete their degrees through distance learning, using our online resources, undertaking web-based tutorials and lectures on our learning management platform and studying at their own pace around their commitments.
We’re proud to say that we’ve opened up higher education opportunities to thousands of students for whom conventional on-campus study was not an option, and recently achieved student satisfaction rates of 93% in the National Student Survey.
We’re looking for a passionate marketer with excellent interpersonal skills who can write compelling copy for web, email and print whilst also being able to manage the technical aspects of email campaigns and web editing.
You’ll need to combine a passion for the written word with an interest in measurement and analysis of results, using insights from the data to inform your tactics and drive better and better returns. You’ll have a hawk-eye for detail – whether it’s spotting a piece of html code that’s gone awry, a typo in some brochure text or a wrongly sized logo. You’ll be someone who can demonstrate a commitment to their own learning and development. Lastly, you’ll have gained some strong skills in prioritising your workload and keeping track of several projects and tasks at once.
We’re looking for someone with knowledge of the following tools and applications:
- Dotmailer or similar email management campaign platform
- Adobe Dreamweaver or similar html development tool
- WordPress (editing, working with templates)
Also desirable would be familiarity with:
- Salesforce or similar CRM
- Camtasia or other video editing software
- Formstack or similar form management tool
- Survey Monkey or similar survey-based tool
- Google Analytics
- Google AdWords
You'll also need:
- An undergraduate degree
- Experience of working with a variety of digital marketing channels in a fast paced and results driven environment
- Knowledge and awareness of the latest digital marketing techniques
- A highly organised individual with the ability to manage a diverse workload
- Excellent oral, verbal and written communication skills
- Passionate about the customer and all elements of the customer experience
- Results driven and comfortable working in a very fast paced environment
We would be prepared to offer funding towards the Google Squared Online qualification.
Please apply with a CV and covering letter, explaining how you would use your skills and experience to help us to drive forward the delivery of Essex Online’s Bachelors and Masters programmes.