Fixed-term contract: maternity cover
Since 2007, we’ve been delivering University of Essex Online courses to students from all walks of life - from 18 years to 80 years and based in more than 40 countries. Our students complete their degrees through distance learning using our online resources, undertaking web-based tutorials and lectures on our learning management platform. Our flexible learning model allows students to enroll every month and study at their own pace around their other commitments. We’ve opened up higher education opportunities to thousands of students for whom conventional on-campus study was not an option. We recently achieved 93% student satisfaction in the National Student Survey and we take pride in providing a first-class learning experience for our students.
The position offers an exciting opportunity to join our academic team in the delivery and development of our online Business and Management programmes offered in partnership with the University of Essex.
We are looking for an early career academic or recently qualified PhD with a background in Business and Management or related field such as Accounting, Finance, HR, Marketing or Economics who wishes to develop their academic skills in the on-line field and share their subject expertise with our students.
The successful applicant will use their skills to oversee and coordinate different work streams to drive forward the development of our Bachelors and Masters Business programmes. Making use of your own subject knowledge and experience, feedback from students, tutors and examiners, you will:
- define and prioritize areas which need to be updated and developed
- identify subject matter experts to work on the new content
- produce detailed a scope of requirements for new course items and updates
- liaise with our learning technology team to ensure that the updates are implemented to high a standard
- ensure that programme content is relevant and suitable and meets our partner’s academic standards
- check that the online delivery is smooth, easy to navigate and functioning as it should
- use data to spot issues with student drop-off and low completion rates
- identify key actions to improve course content and increase engagement
To be considered for the role, you will need:
- Minimum Masters degree in a business-related discipline
- Hold or be close to completing a PhD in a business-related discipline
- Teaching experience in a Higher Education Setting
- Proven interest in and passion for higher education and online learning
- Ability to work well with and lead people
- Strong written and oral communication skills
Please apply with a CV and covering letter, explaining how you would use your skills and experience to help us to drive forward the delivery of Essex Online’s Bachelors and Masters programmes in business.