We are looking for a Full-time Tutor for Business to join our teaching team at Nottingham Trent International College (NTIC). Established in 2005, the College is operated by Kaplan International Pathways, in partnership with Nottingham Trent University. It offers university preparation courses to prepare international students for entry to degree programmes at Nottingham Trent University and welcomes students from over 50 countries.
As a full-time Tutor for Business, you would be responsible for:
- Delivering modules in business and related areas (such as economics, finance and accounting) to students studying on programmes offered by the College and assisting with the development of modules
- Providing, as and when required, academic leadership, management and coordination for a designated number of modules in the role of Module Co-ordinator. This includes preparing module guides and updating module-related information for an agreed suite of modules
- Preparing module examinations and other forms of formative and summative assessment, marking and providing feedback to students
- Assisting with the development and maintenance of the College Virtual Learning Environment (VLE). Facilitating student access to same.
- Providing input for related modules to the annual review and reporting process
- Maintaining an accurate and up-to-date record of student attendance and performance
- Assisting with the production of reports for students studying relevant modules• Providing academic learning support to students• Participating in regular meetings with teaching and support staff and representing the College at appropriate events and meetings
- Any other duties as required from time to time by the College Director and the Programme Leader.
The successful candidate will enjoy working with international students, be customer orientated and performance driven. In addition the successful candidate will have:
- A Bachelor degree in business or a related subject area and preferably a minimum of a Master’s degree
- Significant teaching experience in business, finance and/or a related area within a UK higher education context and experience of working with international students
- Ability to develop and update teaching material and preferably experience of working within a Virtual Learning Environment
- Digital literacy skills including experience of delivering content through various media
- Competence in teaching and administrative IT skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, e-mail, etc)
- A student-centered and client-focused approach
- Strong record-keeping skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Flexibility and willingness to work under pressure to deadlines
- Enthusiasm and motivation to be a performance-driven team player.
This appointment will be subject to clearance from the Disclosure Barring Service. Employment is conditional upon successful completion of DBS and professional reference checks. Applicants must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work in the UK.
Kaplan International Pathways offers university preparation in partnership with leading universities in Nottingham, Liverpool, Glasgow, Brighton, Bournemouth and London, allowing international students to progress onto a wide range of degree programmes at these partner institutions. In addition to first-rate teaching and excellent study facilities, KIP programmes offer a high level of personal support as well as access to the facilities and resources of our university partners. KIC is also operating a partnership academy, in the United Arab Emirates (UAE) preparing students for entry to higher education programmes in the UAE.
Please apply with your CV and covering letter via our online application form, highlighting why you believe you are suitable for the role.
Closing date: 12 noon Friday, 23rd February 2018
Preliminary (telephone) interviews: 1st/2nd March 2018
Interview date: Friday, 9th March 2018