Kaplan Test Prep is the leading provider of preparation courses for US and UK university admissions tests. We are a for-profit education company.
Kaplan Test Prep international (KTPi) is currently looking for an experienced part-time Accounts and Admin Assistant to join our team in London for 24 hours per week. Standard hours can be 3 full days or 4 shorter days, but must include the first three working days each month for financial reporting. This is a permanent position.
You’ll work closely with both the Finance and HR Manager to carry out the finance and administration functions and support the company’s operations. Duties will include general accounting, sales ledger, purchase ledger, credit control, general administration and management of office supplies.
More specifically, your responsibilities will include:
- Importing sales invoices and credits into Sage
- Reconciling bank and customer payments
- Entering customer and supplier payments into Sage
- Entering suppliers invoices into Sage and initiating payments to suppliers
- Maintain accounts receivable records and take charge of credit control
- Bank deposit
- End of month bank statement reconciliation and liaison with external accountants
- Ordering and taking inventory of office supplies
- Administration of Company Credit Card
- Other admin tasks
To be successful in the role you'll have the following:
- Knowledge of Sage Line 50 Accounts
- Experience in a similar role
- Experience of using Excel
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to multitask
- Flexibility on days of week worked to meet accounting deadlines
- An ability to work quickly and accurately to deadlines
- Problem solving ability and initiative
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills
How to apply: Apply with both your CV and covering letter explaining why you are interested and why you think you are suitable for the position.
Application Deadline: 23rd February, 2018
Start date: Late March 2018