The Sub-Editor / Content Producer is a key member of our Content and Marketing team, responsible for producing marketing materials and content to support our worldwide student recruitment staff. Your primary role will be to proof and process all written copy in both raw form and post-design for grammar, syntax, punctuation and style, plus accuracy and consistency, across offline and online channels, in order to help us achieve real standout material in the increasingly competitive international higher education marketplace.
- Ensuring all copy is well-written and meets our editorial standards (including from a tone, style, flow, brand, audience and channel perspective)
- Ensuring all factual information within copy is accurate and consistent
- Maintaining, developing and reinforcing use of central editorial guidelines
- Overseeing the proofing process for all content while working closely with other members of the content team
- Liaising closely with the Design, Publications, Digital Production and E-Marketing teams to produce finished pieces
- Working closely with the Head of Content Strategy to drive continuous improvement in the consistency, accuracy, loyalty, quality and, where applicable, suitability of written content, and in the process for reviewing content from these angles
- Assisting with content creation and gathering where necessary (e.g. contributing blog articles, participating in content trips to interview students / staff and assist with photoshoots)
- Strong background in professional sub-editing across a variety of offline and online media channels
- A passion for brilliant, accurate, error-free and well-structured copy
- An obsession with spelling, grammar and punctuation
- Excellent written English and unfailing attention to detail with regard to consistency and accuracy
- First-rate communication and team-playing skills
- Ability to prioritise workload and work to tight deadlines in a dynamic, fast-moving environment
- A demonstrable strong interest in the field of education
- Experience of editing copy for an international audience, ideally in the education industry
- Basic image editing skills, and experience of working with Adobe InDesign
- Familiarity with at least one industry-standard CMS (Wordpress would be advantageous)
- An understanding of digital content production best practices and the principles that drive qualified traffic to websites
- Good knowledge of a second language and / or experience of studying overseas
Kaplan International Pathways, a division of Kaplan Inc. is an exciting company in the world of international education. We offer a range of courses from University preparation programmes in the UK, Australia, USA, China and Japan through to full degree programmes, in partnership with universities at locations in Singapore, Hong Kong and Australia. Through our academic partnerships with leading universities, we provide expertise in international student recruitment and focus on first-rate pastoral care and student support. We provide international students with high quality, flexible international education and study opportunities.
What we will offer you
Permanent employees of Kaplan International Pathways enjoy a variety of benefits, including a comprehensive pension plan, access to a subsidised café and bar, health and well-being schemes and childcare vouchers.
You will be based at our fabulous offices in Kensington Village, an attractive business complex, 5 minutes from West Kensington tube, with 2 restaurants and a subsidized bar and cafe onsite.
Please apply via our online application form with your CV, writing sample and covering letter highlighting why you believe you are suitable for the role.
Closing date: 28th February 2018.