We are now recruiting an Accommodation and Welfare Assistant to support the Accommodation Manager in delivering top quality accommodation options and welfare services to our overseas students.
A typical day:
It’s a busy Monday morning: time to meet with this week’s new students and ensure they are happy in their host family or residence accommodation. After, you check your email and deal with any special requests from our London head office team.
Up next is a meeting with the Accommodation Manager where you plan the week ahead, reviewing the upcoming arrivals report which shows students who need to be placed with our network of host families, as well as our student residence. You also look at the forecast to set longer term targets for the number of hosts that need to be recruited.
Then you start work booking students with host families. To do this you need to access our database and contact suitable hosts by phone or email. After they accept a booking you carefully update the student bookings with the accommodation details.
After lunch, you work on documentation, making sure host family contracts and other key documents are up to date, and following up on anything missing. You also determine which hosts are due for re-inspection.
Next you are visited by an Under-18 student who is having difficulty settling in Ireland. You offer support, and then ring the student’s host family to discuss - agreeing to speak again in a couple of days.
At the end of the day you review student feedback and are happy to see the accommodation department has met its quarterly customer satisfaction target!
Your main responsibilities will include:
- assisting with placing students into suitable accommodation and confirming such placements to students, agents and homestay/residence providers
- maintaining good working knowledge of the Accommodation Manager's weekly task list and covering the Accommodation Department in his/her absence
- ensuring students arrival into Ireland runs smoothly
- assisting in organising the taxi transfers services and all other such services provided by the school
- dealing with student queries and complaints efficiently and effectively
- handling accommodation extensions and payment transactions
- assisting with the weekly homestay provider payment run
- inspecting residences regularly and reporting back to the Accommodation Manager
- taking part in the 24 hour emergency telephone rota
- participating in the opening/closing and front desk rota as required
- assisting with co-ordinating, disseminating and maintaining a suitable student welfare system within the school; including the care of students under the age of 18 and training other staff members in the school
You'll have the following:
- university degree
- excellent organisational skills and ability to multitask
- ability to deal with and resolve a high volume of queries efficiently
- ability to work well under pressure and to meet tight deadlines
- strong attention to detail and high level of data accuracy
- exceptional customer service ethos
- excellent organisational, inter-personal and communication skills
- experience of working in a customer facing environment (desirable)
- experience of working in an accommodation department (desirable)
- experience of working with international students (desirable)
- experience of problem solving and managing conflicts (desirable)
Application method and closing date:
Please apply with a CV and covering letter highlighting why you believe you are suitable for this role, via our online application form.
Closing date: 2nd March, 2018
Operating in a beautiful and historic building in Temple Bar overlooking the Liffey, KIE Dublin is a successful, vibrant English language school, welcoming students from over 50 countries around the world. We provide students with first-rate tuition, high quality accommodation and an engaging, stimulating social programme. With a strong emphasis on customer service, our dynamic international team work closely together to provide each of our students with the experience of a lifetime. As part of Kaplan International, a recognized leader in the field of international education, KIE Dublin also offers exciting opportunities for career progression within the wider global organisation.