The University of Nottingham International College (TUNIC)
The College is operated in partnership with the University of Nottingham and is located on University Boulevard directly opposite the University Park campus. The University of Nottingham International College welcomed its first students in January 2017. Providing routes for international students to the University of Nottingham, the International College delivers undergraduate foundation programmes and pre-master’s programmes to support students in progressing to the internationally recognised world-class institution ranked in the top 1% of Universities in the world. Our international students are talented ambitious individuals who mostly will have not studied in the UK before. The College Services team provide administration and welfare support to help students succeed in college and progress to the University of Nottingham.
We are recruiting a College Services Administrator to join our team at The University of Nottingham International College (TUNIC). You will provide information, advice and guidance to support students at the college. A positive attitude and a willingness to support international students are needed to be successful in this role. Your principle responsibility will be to assist students with their transition from the college to The University of Nottingham.
- Work in a team to provide welfare and administrative support to international students
- Offer advice and guidance to students regarding their progression to The University of Nottingham including courses selection
- Manage the colleges’ University Placement Service, giving students an opportunity to apply to other UK Universities as a safety net option
- Participate in national University Placement Service meetings (includes some UK travel)
- Participate in the induction and registration programme for new students
- Use student data management systems to track students’ progress
- Assist with scheduling, timetabling and other academic administrative tasks as required
- Contribute to the accurate processing of confidential detailed student information, including student attendance records
- Respond to inquiries from students, staff and visitors either in person, by telephone, SMS, email or live chat
- Answer day-to-day student enquiries at the college services reception desk
- Any other duties as required by the College Senior Management Team
To succeed in the role you will have:
- Work experience in a customer service, administration or student support context
- A strong interest in supporting international students
- A knowledge, interest and sensitivity of different world cultures
- A strong and proven commitment to excellent customer service
- An ability to work in a busy environment and a flexible approach to work
- Excellent IT skills including using all Microsoft office products
- Good attention to detail and accuracy
- A team player ethos
- A UK Undergraduate degree or equivalent
- Experience of working in UK education, EFL or the international student sector
- A working knowledge of the process for students to apply for UK universities at undergraduate and postgraduate level including using UCAS
- Working knowledge of using social media to engage with students
- Proficiency in a second language
- Experience of working with large scale databases
- Experience of working with students aged 16 to 18
- A working knowledge of UK Visa and Immigration rules especially college compliance or Tier 4 student visa regulations.
This appointment will be subject to clearance from the Disclosure and Barring Service. Employment is conditional upon successful completion of DBS and professional reference checks. Applicants must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work in the UK. It is anticipated that the successful candidate will be able to commence employment in.
Application method and closing date:
If you meet the requirements of the position and are excited by the opportunity of working in a fast-paced international education environment, please apply using our online application form. You will also be required to submit a CV and covering letter stating how you meet the requirements of the role.
Closing date for applications: 21st February, 2018
Interviews: Week beginning 26th February, 2018