Established in 2013 and operated in partnership with Bournemouth University (BU), the College offers programmes designed to prepare international students for entry to BU. The College moved to new purpose-built premises one year ago, which are co-located with student residence and restaurant on BU’s Lansdowne campus. For more information, please take a look at our website.
We are now recruiting an Assistant Administrator - College Services at Bournemouth University International College to provide a pleasant and professional welcome to the College for students and visitors, and ensure the effective and smooth sharing of information both internally and externally.
The purpose of this important role is to manage the College’s reception desk ensuring that all students, staff and visitors are welcomed to the College and that the information they receive is informative and accessible to all. You will also support the work of Student Services, Academic Services and the Operations Team, as well as academic colleagues.
Your main responsibilities:
- Assisting students, staff and visitors to Bournemouth University International College either in person, or by telephone or e-mail.
- Managing the College’s Reception Desk and resource area to ensure it is welcoming, informative, and accessible for all.
- Producing and distributing posters, leaflets and other hard copy promotional materials, and maintaining adequate stocks for distribution.
- Contributing to the updating of College Services-related information on the College’s special media sites, plasma screens and the Virtual Learning Environment (VLE) as well as notice boards.
- Supporting the updating and development of the College’s Student Data Management System.
- Supporting international students through activities such as registration, induction and orientation, as and when required, as well as term-time activities and events.
- Supporting arrivals and accommodation activity including checking arrival data and arranging airport transfers.
- Receipting the collection of student assessments on deadline days and working closely with the College’s academic office to prepare for submission dates and allocating student assessments to the relevant staff members once receipted.
- Assisting with activities to support local marketing and recruitment activities, including helping with in-coming visits to the College.
- Assisting with the organisation, delivery and promotion of the Learning Outside the Classroom activities for students.
- Assisting with contacting students by phone, email or through social media as required.
- Making appointments for students to see staff regarding attendance, finance, etc.
- Supporting the Operations Manager with informing students about their finance situation, taking and processing payments, and the refund process.
- Issuing letters, and distributing and collecting forms.
- Monitoring book stock, preparing and distributing book bundles.
- Any other duties, as required from time to time, by the Head of College Services or College Director.
You'll enjoy working with international students, and be customer-orientated and performance driven. In addition, you'll have:
- Experience of working in a busy customer service environment
- Strong interest in working with students and, in particular, international students
- Good organisational skills
- A willingness to work flexibly and to tight deadlines when necessary
- Good written and verbal communication skills, including a pleasant and professional personal and telephone manner
- Strong administrative IT skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook etc)
- Enthusiasm and motivation to be a key member of a front-line customer-facing team
- A proactive approach to enhancing the experience of customers
- Experience of working with data management and strong record-keeping skills (desirable)
Please note that offers of employment are always subject to proof of eligibility to work in the UK and satisfactory reference checks. Additionally, as part of our commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, certain positions will be subject to enhanced DBS checks. Please note that all gaps in CVs will be investigated and that reference requests will ask specifically whether there is any reason that you should not be engaged in situations where you have responsibility for, or substantial access to, persons under 18.
Application Method and Closing Date
If you have suitable experience and are excited by the opportunity of working with a strong group of professionals in a growing organisation, please apply with your CV and cover letter outlining your interest in this post and highlighting why you believe you are suitable for this role by 12:00 noon on the 26th February. We reserve the right to appoint before the deadline for the right candidate.
Kaplan International Pathways, a division of Kaplan Inc. is an exciting company in the world of international education. We offer a range of courses from University preparation programmes in the UK, Australia, USA, China and Japan through to full degree programmes, in partnership with universities at locations in Singapore, Hong Kong and Australia. Through our academic partnerships with leading universities, we provide expertise in international student recruitment and focus on first-rate pastoral care and student support. We provide international students with high quality, flexible international education and study opportunities.