Competitive salary and relocation package
Start date -August /September 2018
Since its founding in 2005, Hands On Education Consultants has sent over 7,000 students to study in the UK. In 2016, we launched our USA counselling services. Students come to us for advice and assistance on their applications to the UK & USA – for universities and language schools. Our service begins with counselling students on the best courses, then supports with submitting applications and once offers are received, helps students with visas to travel overseas to their study destination. Hands On is a wholly owned subsidiary of Kaplan Inc., a global education business founded in 1938.
Hands On is now looking for an ambitious, dynamic and highly experienced student recruitment professional, based in Bangkok, Thailand to lead the business. The role requires a highly skilled leader who will be able to take the business forward in an innovative and commercially astute way whilst also keeping cultural sensitivities firmly in mind.
As Director, your role will be to drive forward student numbers and operating income through effective management of the company’s offices, activities, university promotions and partnerships. This will include assessing the potential of broadening the company’s destination and product portfolio beyond the UK. You will be responsible for the Profit & Loss of the company with support available from a corporate head office in areas such as commission collection, IT and data analysis and contracts.
As the Director of Hands On, you’ll provide the vision, leadership, management and coordination of a domestic and international recruitment unit. You’ll be responsible for the following:
- the Hands On business development strategy
- managing the budget and delivering operating income (OI) targets
- ensuring first class experience for students, parents, and partner universities
- analysis of student recruitment data and trends, identifying opportunities to maximise student recruitment
- coordination of all recruitment activities (marketing strategies, events, use of social media)
- leading teams across the country
- providing market and industry insight and intelligence
- supporting regional recruitment priorities
- building effective relationships with senior managers across the business
- substantial practical experience of strategic recruitment of students into schools or Higher Education
- Interest in and experience of the digital environment
- extensive experience of home and international student recruitment markets
- experience formulating and executing organisational strategy
- experience leading and managing staff
- strong business acumen and experience managing complex operations within budget
- excellent negotiating skills with the ability to influence internally and externally
- cultural awareness
We're interested in hearing from strategically and digitally-minded student recruitment professionals who are looking for an opportunity to lead a well-established and highly-regarded business into its next stage of growth and development.
Please apply with CV and letter outlining your interest and suitability.