Regional Facilities Manager (North)
Kaplan International is looking to appoint an experienced multi-site facilities management professional to advise, monitor and audit the facilities management (FM) and Health and Safety (H&S) across their sites in the north of England. This role would ideally be north west based, with travel across the north of England, Glasgow with regular meetings in Manchester.
You will be responsible for providing operational facilities management planning, advice and auditing, along with supporting the day-to-day running of local FM/operational teams. You will provide guidance on facilities management generally (both hard and soft FM), along with advice and support to:
- Residence Managers and Facilities Managers in our UK student residences
- Operations staff with facilities responsibility in our UK pathway colleges
- Staff with facilities responsibility in our Mander Portman Woodward (MPW) sites
- Staff with facilities responsibilities in or English schools
You will also be responsible for advising operational staff on a range of health and safety issues.
Responsibilities will include:
Facilities Management (Operations)
- Providing advice, guidance and support to ensure effective delivery of all FM services at our sites
- Monitoring, reviewing and auditing effective maintenance regimes to ensure our buildings are functioning to their full capacity/ efficiency
- Working closely with facilities managers, maintenance operatives and operational managers who are assigned to the properties, including regular visits, meetings and updates, and periodic review of site issues to inform the long term asset management of the properties
- Carrying out periodic visits to inspect the condition of the sites, monitoring FM performance and identifying any required works
- Co-ordinating any action required from a technical perspective to remedy poor performance, workmanship or provision by contractors and suppliers
- Implementing standardisation where appropriate
- Advising on maintenance budgets, including budget preparation and spend monitoring across area of responsibility
- Ensuring facilities management compliance with HMO regulations for our residences
- Ensuring facilities management compliance with ANUK code of practice guidelines for UK student residences
- Working closely with the estates team to contribute to design and specification decisions around new developments
Health & Safety
- Monitoring, advising, reviewing and championing Health, Safety & Environment in the workplace, within your area of responsibility
- Taking ownership of any health and safety issues that arise and work closely with the Health and Safety Manager to investigate occurrences
- Monitoring, evaluating and reviewing existing, new and upcoming Health and Safety legislation and ensure sites and managers within your area of responsibility are informed of updates
- Providing monthly/quarterly reports to the board on statistics across the Group to ensure compliance and escalate where necessary.
- Identifying employee training needs in relation to FM and H&S and deliver training and tool box talks as required within your competency
To be successful in the role, you’ll have in depth knowledge and experience of advising on both FM and H&S across multiple sites. You will have worked in a complex and rapidly growing environment undergoing substantial change and be committed to service excellence.
In addition, you’ll have:
- Proven track record of working within a successful FM and H&S teams within the educational or commercial sector
- Experience in overseeing hard and soft FM delivery for a portfolio of properties (15+)
- Experience of managing FM budgets, contractor performance and HSE compliance
- Good knowledge of health and safety legislation as applied to managed commercial property
- Proven ability to manage FM managers and contractors
- Sound technical knowledge of buildings, ME plant systems
- A good working knowledge of Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 and Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Ideally BIFM qualification (MBIFM preferred)
- Ideally NEBOSH (TechIOSH) a minimum of IOSH Managing safely(be willing to complete training)
The successful applicant will be required to undergo an Enhanced DBS check.
Please apply with CV and covering letter by 19 June.