Kaplan International, a division of Kaplan, Inc., is a global education business. In our International Higher Education division, we offer a range of courses from University preparation programmes in the UK, Australia, USA, China, the Middle East and Nigeria through to full degree programmes, often in partnership with universities, at locations in Singapore, Hong Kong and Australia. Through our academic partnerships with leading universities, our expertise in international student recruitment and focus on first-rate pastoral care and student support, we offer international students high quality, flexible international higher education study opportunities. In the UK, we work in partnership with leading universities in Nottingham, Liverpool, Glasgow, Brighton, Bournemouth, Bristol, York and London.
About the College
Set up in partnership with the University of Nottingham, which is ranked in the top 1% of Universities in the world, the University of Nottingham International College (TUNIC) will provide routes for international students wishing to study on degrees at the University of Nottingham. Located on University Boulevard opposite the University campus, the college opened its doors to welcome students in January 2017, to deliver preparatory, undergraduate foundation programmes and pre-Master’s programmes, as well as a range of other support and extracurricular services.
About the role
English language and academic skills training is provided to all students at the college and is the bedrock of any successful study experience. We are looking for passionate ELT/EAP practitioners with experience in teaching international students to join the English Language and Study Skills teaching team, both for summer term 2018 and the academic year 2018/19. The role will be of particular interest to candidates who have significant ELT/EAP experience and a demonstrable desire to see international students achieve their goals.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Preparing for and teaching Extended English and Skills (EES), Language and Study Skills lessons
- Supporting the provision of academic learning support to students through the 1:1 tutorial system
- Carrying out module examinations and other forms of formative and summative assessment, ensuring adherence to quality assurance
- Using Virtual Learning Environments and facilitating student access
- Helping to provide an engaging extracurricular enrichment programme for students
To be considered for the role, you will need:
- Bachelor’s degree as a minimum
- CELTA/DELTA qualification or MA in Applied Linguistics
- Successful teaching experience within a UK higher/further education/EFL or EAP context
- Experience in delivering academic and pastoral tutorials
- Ability to develop and update teaching material, ideally experience of a Virtual Learning Environment
- Good IT skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Sharepoint, Outlook)
- Strong record-keeping skills
- Knowledge or experience of assessment within a UK higher education context
- Flexibility and willingness to work under pressure to deadlines
- Enthusiasm for your subject and an ability to inspire excellence in others
Application method and closing date
Please apply with CV and covering letter via our online application form, explaining why you believe you are a suitable candidate for the role, and your motivation for joining our team.
Closing Date for Applications: 31/07/18