Kaplan International English (KIE) is part of the Kaplan International division, which employs over 4,000 people worldwide and enjoyed revenues of $180m in 2016. KIE operates more than 40 schools across the UK, Ireland, USA, Canada, Australia and New Zealand, welcoming students from more than 150 countries around the world.
We are now looking for a Web Content Producer to join our team for 9-12 months maternity cover. The post is based in London head office but may require occasional attendance at other sites within the UK and some travel abroad. This is a stimulating role working within a skilled, motivated team and great technology tools.
About the team
The KIE marketing department is a team of around 50 passionate and talented marketers, drawn from around the world but based mostly in London, responsible for KIE’s global online and offline marketing efforts. It comprises: teams of regional marketers whose focus is to generate brand awareness, demand and leads in a variety of source markets; a B2B and product marketing team, responsible for promoting product categories and agent/reseller marketing; digital channel specialists, covering online marketing, CRM, website development and analytics; and a Design and Content Marketing (DCM) team responsible for content marketing strategy and SEO, as well as producing design, video and copy assets, including a two annual product brochures/ catalogues.
About the role
Reporting into the Head of Digital Product, the Web Content Producer will be responsible for managing and maintaining the website and other key digital platforms for all countries and regions. The Web Content Producer will lead selected digital product development projects, manage the production queue for marketing projects, and support the Head of Digital Product on major development projects as required.
- Manage and maintain multiple website publications for all countries and regions.
- Coordinate, review and deploy content to our website from multiple internal sources in an efficient manner.
- Drive and safeguard (technical) best practice, brand guidelines and legal compliance.
- Ensure regional content editors are made aware of tools and features available to them and are trained in their use.
- Build digital forms and become an expert and gatekeeper of this process.
- Collaborate with the business and project delivery teams to ensure content, campaigns, releases and infrastructure are co‐ordinated with the development teams’ output.
- Ensure resources in the digital product and other teams are used as efficiently as possible, to deliver projects with the greatest possible commercial benefit.
- Provide day to day support to the Digital product team, from requesting translations to content uploads through the CMS.
- Assess, prioritise and manage the delivery of marketing campaigns and digital assets.
- Meet deadlines and ensure work is delivered to high quality standards.
- Manage project plans including reporting of delays and potential risks. Ensure that all stakeholders are kept well informed throughout the process.
- Drive project management excellence and delivery of best practices throughout the team.
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) or a combination of experiences and verifiable successes that demonstrate a clear substitute for formal education.
- Demonstrable success in digital project or product management roles, preferably in multi‐channel and international environments.
- An understanding and experience of a variety of leading project management methodologies (e.g. Scrum, Kanban, and PRINCE2) is preferred.
- Good understanding of content management systems, ideally Drupal.
- Ability to complete projects quickly and effectively while maintaining a high level of quality and attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate effectively with developers and regional stakeholders.
- Analytical and performance-focussed with a good understanding of how to measure the effectiveness of digital projects and campaigns.
- Highly organised with a strong attention to detail with a hands-on approach to getting the job done.
- Strategic thinker with the ability to manage and cut through complexity.
- Ability to hit the ground running and work effectively under pressure and to tight deadlines, plus capacity to manage several projects simultaneously.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Ability to interact with all levels of business stakeholders, as well as technical resources.
- Good understanding of the digital marketing eco‐system and how it is evolving and developing.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and collaboratively within a team.
- Experience of managing multi‐country websites and campaigns
- Delivery of marketing projects to predetermined deadlines and to the highest quality standards
- Experience of managing projects end to end
- Understanding of HTML and CSS
- Copywriting experience
- Good understanding of SEO
Please apply with CV and cover letter by Wednesday 27th June. (We may close the role earlier if a suitable applicant is found)