About Kaplan Open Learning
Kaplan Open Learning (KOL) delivers online Undergraduate and Postgraduate courses for the University of Essex under the brand name of University of Essex Online (UoEO). The University and Kaplan have developed a partnership over the past 10 years to offer high quality online courses. Recently UoEO has expanded its courses including LLB (Hons), Law (Hons) with Business, Law (Hons) with Business and Law (Hons) with Psychology. These courses are approved by the Solicitors Regulation Authority and the Bar Standard Board as Qualifying Law Degree (QLD). UoEO law department also delivers an LLM course in International Trade and Commercial Law.
UoEO is seeking enthusiastic individuals to develop and deliver a range of modules in both Online LLB and LLM Programmes who are available to start immediately.
Modules to deliver:
English Legal System
Constitutional and Administrative Law
Law of Tort
European Union Law
Public International Law
International Carriage of Goods
International Competition Law
Intellectual Property Law
International Commercial Dispute Resolution
Private International Law
International Sale of Goods
Law of the World Trade Organisation
Legal Research Skills and Methods
Equity and Trust
Further information about these programmes and levels of the above mentioned modules can be found at https://online.essex.ac.uk/course-finder/?level=24.
Nature of Duties
The role of an Associate Tutor includes grading assignments, moderating and grading discussion forums, providing webinar teaching sessions, answering queries from students, reviewing module content and liaising with the programme leader to aid the smooth running of the module. Full support and training will be provided in both roles in close collaboration with the programme leader.
We also need a Subject Matter Expert to develop the family law, and practical legal skills modules. Development of online teaching materials including recording audio lecturecasts, setting unit reading and designing assessments including discussion forum and assignment questions.
- Possession of UK -recognised qualifications (academic and /or professional), equivalent to at least Masters level, relevant to the subject area
- Experience of teaching and assessing at the appropriate level within the UK HE sectors
- Experience of delivering on a blended learning basis with the use of a VLE
- Experience of module and/or course leadership in a UK university
- Experience of module/ course design at HE level (if applying to develop course materials)
- A PhD in a related subject and/or experience of working in an online environment is highly desirable.
What can we offer you?
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working hours
- Full training and support for VLE
- Mentoring support to develop confidence in online delivery of a module
- Tutor training to settle new tutors in online learning environment
Please apply with your CV and covering letter by 9th July 2018.