Kaplan Inc is one of the world’s most dynamic private education providers with revenues of US$1.5billion.
Kaplan International Pathways helps international students from more than 50 countries to transform their futures. Our university preparation programmes, operated in partnership with leading universities across the UK, Australia and the USA, facilitate entry to a wide range of undergraduate and postgraduate degree programmes – from science and engineering through to business, media, computing and law. In Singapore, Hong Kong and Australia, we deliver qualifications ranging from vocational certificates and diplomas through to bachelors and masters degrees in partnership with leading higher education institutions in the UK, Ireland and Australia. In addition to high quality teaching, we offer first-rate pastoral care and student support so that students thrive personally and socially as well as academically.
About the role
We are now looking to hire two highly driven, talented individuals to join our Recruitment team in India to help us increase market share for our Pathways programmes in the US, where we work in partnerships with a number of leading well-ranked institutions. One position will be based in Mumbai, the other in either Hyderabad or Bangalore. Successful candidates will relish the opportunity to represent our brand and cultivate a market for our high-value, premium product within their respective region.
Based from home and with extensive travel within the region, the role will provide an opportunity to apply first-rate account management and business development skills to help the business achieve significant growth in enrolments for US programmes and meet our challenging recruitment targets for the region.
More specifically, your role will involve:
- Developing and implementing strategic marketing plans in order to meet challenging recruitment targets. This includes planning recruitment visits to markets, agents and schools, agent training and channel development.
- Managing agent relationships, with an emphasis on training and support to ensure loyalty and high performance
- Gaining a competitive advantage through service and support to agents, parents, schools and students
- Taking part in exhibitions and events and organising collateral for them
- Assessing events and activities for ROI and using good judgement on what activities to prioritise
- On boarding new agents, where appropriate
- Acting as the main point of contact for agents and responding to their enquiries in an efficient and effective manner always within 24 hours
- Counselling students on Kaplan’s portfolio of programmes and offering study plan solutions that best fit their aspirations
- Identifying opportunities for recruitment success and delivering effective solutions to recruitment barriers
- Maintaining excellent relations with both internal and external stakeholders including the recruitment, compliance and admissions teams as well as partner universities
- ·Monitoring competitor developments and market trends and using these to develop market strategy
- Providing promotional and logistical support to Kaplan International Pathway staff and university partners as required for incoming visits
- Managing market budget effectively
- Ensuring I-20 compliance and raising any risks to the Regional Director
- Any other duties as required from time to time by the Regional Director
To be considered for the role, you will need:
- An overseas undergraduate degree or equivalent
- Fluency in English
- Experience gained in the education or international student sector
- Knowledge of the education systems in India and current developments
- A sound understanding of US higher education and or experience of international students studying in the US, including a good understanding of I-20 compliance
- A thorough knowledge of the major issues in international higher education, significant knowledge of market trends
- A proven track record of working to targets and delivering successful international student recruitment campaigns
- An entrepreneurial spirit and the ability to respond positively to change
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the capability and confidence to lead, motivate, facilitate and negotiate
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationship with a range of stakeholders from internal colleagues across admissions, marketing, finance and operations through to new and existing agents, government sponsors, students and even parents
- An ability to prioritise effectively and manage time under pressure, with a cool head
- A high level of enthusiasm, personal commitment and independence to undertake lengthy periods of work without supervision, successfully
- Problem solving, patience and organisational skills to deal with complex and difficult situations autonomously as they arise
- A high level of literacy and attention to detail to produce clear concise reports, business plans and strategies
- Ability and willingness to work evenings and weekends where required
Apply with your CV and covering letter via our online application form by 29 June.
The cover letter should clearly state your suitability for the role, why you want the role, and evidence of strong writing skills.
Employment is conditional upon successful completion of professional reference checks