Kaplan International, a division of Kaplan, Inc., is an exciting company in the world of international education. In our International Higher Education division, we offer a range of courses from University preparation programmes in the UK, Australia, USA, China, the Middle East and Nigeria through to full degree programmes, often in partnership with universities, at locations in Singapore, Hong Kong and Australia. Through our academic partnerships with leading universities, our expertise in international student recruitment and focus on first-rate pastoral care and student support, we offer international students high quality, flexible international higher education study opportunities.
This exciting role is based in the International Pathway College (IPC), a partnership between Kaplan International Pathways and the University of York which provides a route for international students to access the transformational higher education programmes of the University of York, through the delivery of Foundation and Pre-masters programmes.
The Student Support Administrator will assist in a range of activities to support the smooth running of the International Pathway College. You will ensure the highest level of customer service is delivered and work closely with the University to deliver a first class student experience.
Main Responsibilities and Functions
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Assist with college administration including student records, finance and Tier 4 compliance
- Update and maintain student data management systems
- Monitor student attendance and follow up any issues
- Assist with the development and implementation of social events and the induction programme
- Assist with day-to-day customer enquiries at the Student Support reception desk
- Conduct one-to-one support tutorials with students
- Assist with college visits by internal and external clients
- Any other duties as required
- Experience of working in UK education, EFL or the international student sector
- Strong interest and experience of working with international students
- A proven track record of customer service skills and teamwork
- An ability to work in a busy environment and a flexible approach to work
- IT skills and experience of database management
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Application method and closing date
Please apply with a CV and covering letter highlighting why you believe you are suitable for this role.
Closing date: 1st July 2018
Positions Available: 3
Please note that offers of employment are always subject to proof of eligibility to work in the UK and satisfactory reference checks. Additionally, as part of our commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, certain positions will be subject to enhanced DBS checks.