About Kaplan International
Kaplan International English, a division of Kaplan Inc., is an exciting company in the world of international education. With 40 English language schools in the UK, Ireland, USA, Canada, Australia and New Zealand, we are a leading provider of English language courses and other study abroad programmes for students from more than 100 countries around the world.
The post is based in KIE London Leicester Square but may require occasional attendance at other sites within the UK.
As part of the Academic team this post holder will carry out a range of administrative tasks in order to support the Director of Studies. Be the main point of contact for all Arabic students and Chinese students on joint offer programmes, dealing with any queries they have and co-ordinating all administrative tasks associated with these groups of students, in order to support the different departments in the school
To facilitate the smooth running of the Academic department by ensuring that the necessary administration is carried out efficiently and effectively. To provide support for the Arabic students and Chinese students on joint offer programmes to ensure they make the required progress and to facilitate the smooth running of the school by ensuring that the necessary administration attached to these groups is carried out efficiently and effectively.
Duties - Academic
- To teach a variable lesson bank in agreement with the DoS of 21 hours per week dependent on time of year, duties and other circumstances
- To plan and prepare lessons in accordance with the standards outlined in the KIE Teaching Standards
- To prepare thorough lesson plans for in-house observations and external observations where necessary.
- To assign homework and to mark assignments.
- To assist in the testing and placement (as needed) of new and existing students ensuring all students are assessed as accurately as possible
- To conduct regular tutorials in accordance with the KIE Tutorial policy
- To promote independent learning via needs analysis, tutorials, support and reports
- To be proactive about your personal development, to attend all compulsory training sessions and to actively participate in any training offered
- To contribute to the development of KIE materials though trialing and feedback.
- All members of the school team are responsible for all aspects of our students safeguarding and welfare in conjunction with the wider school and company management teams.
Duties - Academic Administration
- To ensure student compliance with KIE’s attendance policy and UKBA regulations – to keep accurate and complete records of all student attendance and to issue warnings where necessary
- To report significant student absence and punctuality issues to the DoS and to issue warnings
- To manage the placement and five weekly test cycles
- To manage the course material supplies
- To process individual student reports
- To carry out any other administrative duties deemed as necessary by the DoS
Duties Middle East (ME) and Chinese Joint Offer (CJO) Support
- To hold welcome meetings for new ME and CJO arrivals.
- To ensure that the school and the students adhere to the stipulations outlined in the Middle East Sponsored Students Guide and CJO programme requirements, where applicable.
- To be the first point of contact for the ME and CJO students for all enquiries and to liaise with the appropriate departments.
- To hold regular tutorials and liaise with the teacher to monitor progress.
- To manage the administration associated with long term ME and CJO bookings including but not limited to; recording progress on CLASS, checking ISRs, tracking attendance, managing student study plans and ensuring students renew Financial Guarantees (when sponsored).
- To agree dates for IELTS exams with ME and CJO students and book the exam (where necessary).
Education and Qualifications
- A bachelor’s degree as minimum
- CELTA or equivalent
- DELTA or equivalent such as MA TEFL/EFL including observed teaching/Trinity Diploma or International Equivalent.
Skills and Competencies
- A solid understanding of language learning through a communicative methodology
- Demonstrates a passion for teaching and inspires students to learn
- Demonstrates a high level of customer service practices
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to develop learner autonomy with students
- Strong attention to detail and high level of data accuracy
- Excellent IT skills
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Ability to work effectively on an individual basis and as a member of a team
- Awareness of British Council and ISI inspection criteria
- Experience of working in an ELT environment
- Experience with using IWB’s in the classroom
The jobholder will be required to have a DBS (formerly CRB) check
Please apply with your CV and cover letter by Friday 22nd June.