About Kaplan International Pathways
Part of Kaplan Inc., Kaplan International Pathways offers university preparation in partnership with leading universities in Nottingham, Liverpool, Glasgow, Brighton, Bristol, Bournemouth, London and York, which provide an academic pathway for international students to enter a wide range of degree programmes at partner institutions. Our success is based on a profound understanding of the needs of our partner institutions and students, proven expertise in delivering international students with an inspirational learning experience and excellent results in student retention and progression year after year.
About the College
At The University of Nottingham International College we prepare international students for university study so they can enjoy successful academic careers as undergraduate and postgraduate students at the University of Nottingham. Requirements are academically challenging for our students and it’s a highly rewarding experience for the members of the TUNIC team who help students to succeed.
In addition to the vibrant learning environment inside the college, TUNIC is situated at University Park campus. To get a flavour of the college, please visit our Facebook page and for background on the wider company, please visit Kaplan International Pathways.
About the Role
Are you passionate about teaching international students? Can you make learning fun and accessible for talented students with different learning styles?
We are looking for subject specialists in Business, who can bring their subject alive for students from up to 50 countries around the world. You’ll be teaching students on both our Undergraduate Foundation Certificate and Postgraduate Pre-Master’s Programmes where the range of subjects includes: Economics, Business Management, Business Organisation, Strategic Management, Global Marketing Strategy and Statistics.
What does the role involve?
- teaching international students
- developing formative and summative assessments, marking and providing feedback to students
- using and developing the college virtual learning environment (VLE)
- maintaining an accurate and up-to-date record of student attendance, assessment and academic performance
- keeping up to date with college communication by email and Workday (virtual HR system)
- providing academic learning support to individuals/small groups
- attending and participating in regular internal meetings and representing the college at appropriate events and meetings
- providing input for related modules to the annual review and reporting process
What’s fun and rewarding about teaching for TUNIC?
- empowering talented students to think critically and realise their potential
- being challenged to keep material interesting and find new ways of conveying concepts and ideas
- influencing students’ personal and academic development and equipping them with study skills and life skills
- engendering a classroom environment where all students participate and collaborate
- boosting students’ motivation and engagement through technology
What you’ll need to be considered for a teaching position:
- Minimum bachelor’s degree in a relevant subject area and postgraduate degree is highly desirable
- Teaching experience including teaching international students
- Student-centred teaching style
- Ability to develop engaging teaching material
- Passion for and expertise in your area
- Strong rapport building skills
- Attention to detail for record-keeping
- Ability to work to deadlines
Please apply with CV and covering letter by Monday 2 July 2018.
Interviews to be held week commencing Tuesday 17 July 2018.