About Kaplan International Colleges
Part of Kaplan Inc., Kaplan International Colleges offers university preparation in partnership with leading universities in Nottingham, Liverpool, Glasgow, Brighton, Bristol, Bournemouth, London and York, which provide an academic pathway for international students to enter a wide range of degree programmes at partner institutions. Kaplan International Colleges are excited to launch their newest pathway college working in partnership with The University of Nottingham.
Our success is based on a profound understanding of the needs of our partner institutions and students, proven expertise in delivering international students with an inspirational learning experience and excellent results in student retention and progression year after year.
The University of Nottingham International College
Located on University Boulevard, directly opposite the University Park campus, The University of Nottingham International College will welcome its first students in January 2017. Providing new routes for international students to The University of Nottingham, the International College will deliver undergraduate foundation programmes and pre-Master’s programmes to support students in progressing to the internationally recognised world-class institution ranked in the top 1% of Universities in the world.
About the role
You will have significant teaching and coordination experience gained within the education sector and will be responsible for the academic management and development of programmes offered by the College. These will include: Foundation Certificate in Business, Law and Social Sciences; Pre-Master’s in Business, Law and Social Sciences. The post will be of particular interest if you are seeking career development, have strong experience of working with international students and have the flexibility of approach to enjoy being involved with dynamic projects at an early stage.
Main responsibilities and functions
- Planning, management and quality assurance of programmes offered by the College, including liaison with the partner university and the Centre for Learning, Innovation and Quality (CLIQ)
- Maintaining academic oversight of the delivery, assessment and monitoring of subject, skills and language modules on programmes offered by the College
- Liaison with academic staff on relevant aspects of programme/module design, delivery, assessment and monitoring on modules delivered across all programme pathways
- Liaison with Learning Support Tutors on matters related to student academic and pastoral support initiatives and progression support processes
- Supporting students in achieving excellent academic outcomes
- Production of Programme Handbooks, module handbooks, subject overviews, VLE and other materials to support the delivery of programmes offered by the College
- Collating staff, student and partner feedback and preparing reports
- Attending Joint Academic Management Boards and liaising with External Examiners
- Production of annual programme reports, termly and annual module reports and production and analysis of statistical information including QAA action planning for quality assurance processes
- Leading operational and strategic meetings involving academic staff teams to address team- and college-related issues and preparing action plans and implementing outcomes for programmes offered by the College
- Assisting with the development and maintenance of the College virtual learning environment (VLE). Facilitating student access to virtual learning options.
- Providing academic leadership to and management of a team of full-time and sessional staff involved in the delivery of subject modules on programmes offered by the College to ensure integration and coordination of academic practice
- Assisting with the recruitment, retention and performance review of academic staff members on programmes
- Contributing to the teaching delivery and assessment of modules as part of the programmes offered by the College (normal teaching load of 10 hours per week)
- Providing, as and when required, academic management and coordination for modules in the role of Module Co-ordinator. This includes preparing module guides and updating module-related information for modules
- Coordinating with academic and administrative staff and the national KIC Centre for Learning Innovation and Quality (CLIQ) across the KIC network to ensure that all aspects of the module mid-term assessments and final examinations and other forms of formative and summative assessments are carried out by the College in line with established procedures
- Overseeing and contributing to the marking, double-marking and feedback provision systems and processes, and ensuring that standardisation principles and practices are followed based on the KIC Academic Standards & Quality Manual
- Providing input to the annual review and reporting process and the College Action Plan
- Liaising with College Services to ensure all teaching staff are assisting with the maintenance of an accurate and up-to-date record of student attendance, performance and lesson content records for modules delivered
- Communicating with Student Services staff to provide leadership and support during student induction and progression
- Representing the College at appropriate admissions, marketing and academic events and meetings with Link Tutors and staff from the partner university and externally
- Any other duties as required from time to time by the College Director.
- Line management responsibility for full-time and sessional staff involved in the delivery of programmes offered by the College.
You will enjoy working with international students, be customer orientated and performance driven. In addition the successful candidate will have:
- A Bachelor degree in a relevant subject area and preferably a Master’s degree or higher
- Understanding of UK further and higher education and experience of academic management and quality assurance
- Significant teaching experience in areas relevant to programmes offered by the College within a UK higher education context and experience of working with international students
- Experience of managing and providing academic leadership to a team of staff
- Ability to develop and update teaching material and experience of working within a Virtual Learning Environment
- Competence in teaching and administrative IT skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, e-mail, etc)
- A student-centered and client-focused approach
- Strong record-keeping and data management skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Flexibility and willingness to work under pressure to deadlines
Location and Start Dates
Location: The University of Nottingham International College
Start Date: 1st September 2018
If you have the requisite experience and are excited by the opportunity of working with a strong group of professionals and renowned University Partner in a growing organization please upload your CV and covering letter via the online link.
Closing Deadline for Applications – Monday 9 July 2018, shortlisted candidates will be interviewed on the Monday 23 July 2018.
This appointment will be subject to clearance from the Disclosure barring Service and professional reference checks. Applicants must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work in the UK.