Operating in a beautiful and historic Georgian building in the New Town, Kaplan International Edinburgh is a successful, vibrant English language school, welcoming students from over 50 countries around the world. We provide students with first-rate tuition, high quality accommodation and an engaging, stimulating social programme. With a strong emphasis on customer service, our dynamic international team work closely together to provide each of our students with the experience of a lifetime.
As part of Kaplan International English, a recognized leader in the field of international education, KIE Edinburgh also offers exciting opportunities for career progression within the wider global organisation.
We are now recruiting a Student Services Assistant to assist the Student Services Manager with all day-to-day student administration and the smooth running of reception services by providing all students and visitors with a friendly welcome and top quality customer care
Your responsibilities will include:
- To manage the smooth running of the reception desk services of the school
- To meet and greet all students and visitors to the school in a warm, friendly and courteous manner and to manage the visitor check in & out system
- To develop a good knowledge of KIC’s courses and services in order to deal effectively with day-to-day queries from existing and prospective customers
- To answer the telephone and field calls efficiently
- To manage local and walk-in business and to refer such business as necessary to other members of staff
- To assist the Student Services Manager with all day-to-day student administration, including among others the preparation of welcome & leavers' packs, registration forms, ID cards, student letters
- To assist the Student Services Manager with ensuring compliance with all UKBA regulations including checking and filing all student visa and passports and maintaining up-to-date student contact details on the student database
- To process all payments made to the school through the reception till and record all financial transactions accurately
- To organise refreshments for in-company and external visits to the school
- To promote internal and external exams and assist students with booking them
- To promote social programme events and assist students with booking them
You'll have the following qualifications (desirable not essential):
- University degree
- Customer Service qualification
Application method and closing date:
Please apply with a CV and covering letter highlighting why you believe you are suitable for this role, via our online application form.
Closing date: Thursday 28th June
Please note that offers of employment are always subject to proof of eligibility to work in the UK and satisfactory reference checks. All positions will also be subject to enhanced DBS checks and satisfactory references including your most recent employer.