Kaplan International English, Manchester are currently recruiting for a full-time teacher to work 37.5 hours a week until October 2018. Duties include teaching for 21 hours, plus taking responsibility for leading Study Clubs and working closely with the Social Programme Manager. Experience of teaching IELTS is also essential.
Details of Position
Main responsibilities and functions:
- To teach study clubs, assist students in the study centre and ensure the centre is maintained to a high standard.
- To monitor and develop teaching and learning resources to ensure that appropriate materials and supplementary materials are available.
- To teach a lesson bank of 21 hours per week, plus additional cover where necessary.
- To assist the DoS with the administrative processes that support the smooth running of the academic department.
- CELTA or equivalent
- A bachelors degree as a minimum
- DELTA or equivalent
- Qualified examiner status
Work Experience and Knowledge
- A proven track record of consistent and timely administration work in an ELT environment.
- Experience of delivering excellent customer service in a customer facing position.
- An understanding of student assessment and the administration involved.
- Experience of teaching IELTS.
- Experience of curriculum design, especially for Teaching Methodology (TKT) & CLIL.
Skills and Competencies
- Excellent IT skills
- Has a demonstrable interest in technology and an ability to use technology in an educational environment
- Demonstrates a high level of customer service practices
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Excellent communication skills
- High level of self-motivation and pro-activity
Please apply with your CV and covering letter by 31st July 2018. The post holder is required to have a full DBS check.