Hours: 20 hours per week - 10am to 2pm Monday to Friday
Salary: £7.83 per hour
The Globe and Franklin Point opened in September 2012, and are home to 276 students across the two buildings. Our residents are studying on a Kaplan International Pathways course at Glasgow International College (GIC), which prepares international students for entry into the University of Glasgow.
We are now looking for an efficient and committed Housekeeper with excellent people skills who will:
- Clean designated areas within the accommodation building including, bedrooms, en-suite shower rooms, kitchens, white goods contained in the kitchens and communal areas
- Wash walls, doors, furniture, radiators and shower cubicles, as appropriate.
- Empty waste bins and remove rubbish from flats to bin store areas
- Make beds, including stripping and changing sheeting, collection of laundered linen from store and bagging up laundry for collection, during the semester/short let season
- Clean internal windows, where applicable
- Report any maintenance defects using the correct procedures
- Deal with complaints that are received and escalate these to the relevant manager
- Wear and maintain personal protective equipment (PPE) in accordance with the company policy, COSHH and Risk Assessments
As a Housekeeper at The Globe and Franklin Point, you will need to:
- Be prepared to work as and when the need arises, especially during the various student arrival and departure weekends, open days etc.
- Be a principal point of contact for our students.
- Communicate to our international students in clear and correct English to avoid miscommunications
- Be aware of the Fire Safety Policy
- To act in accordance with all Health & Safety policies and practices
- Undertake training as required
- Adhere to the company dress code policy at all times
- Be aware of material expenditure and avoid unnecessary waste or loss
- Undertake duties as appropriate to the role
In order to excel in this role, you will:
- Embrace the ‘more than just a room’ philosophy of Kaplan Residences
- Have a knowledge of COSHH
- Have a passion for customer care and a sensitivity to students needs
- Have experience in a customer facing environment
- Ability to offer flexibility in working hours.
- Maintain confidentiality.
To be considered for the role, you will need:
- Experience in customer service, hospitality or student service provision, ideally 5 star Hotels or Student accommodation.
- High level of written and spoken English is essential
- Ability to prioritise workload and meet deadlines.
- Good communication and customer care skills.
- The ability working with minimum supervision.
- The ability to work well in a team and pass on knowledge to others.
Please apply with your CV and covering letter by Friday 13th July.