Start date: 10th September 2018
Contract: 1 year
Our job at Kaplan International College London is to prepare international students for university study so they can enjoy successful academic careers as undergraduate and postgraduate students at the University of York, University of Birmingham, Cranfield University, Westminster University, City, University of London and Aston University. It’s a challenging path for our students as they adjust socially and academically and it’s a highly rewarding experience for the members of the KICL team who help to make this transformation happen. In addition to the vibrant learning environment inside the college, Kaplan International College London is located a stone’s throw from Borough Market, London Bridge station and the River Thames. To get a flavour of the college, please visit our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/KICLondon/ and for background on the wider company, please visit Kaplan International Pathways
We are now recruiting a Business Tutor to join the existing teaching team. You will be responsible for the delivery of a high quality learning experience for students on university preparation programmes offered by the College. The post will be of particular interest to candidates who enjoy working with international students.
What does the role involve?
Your main responsibilities:
- Providing subject-level expertise in Business modules to international students studying on programmes offered by the College
- Develop and implement a range of innovative teaching methods including Technology Enhanced Learning that engage and meet the needs of all students
- Develop and implement a range of enrichment and enhancement activities that raise students’ aspirations and achievements using relevant industry and academic networks
- Module Coordination role for a designated number of modules
- Preparing module examinations and other forms of formative and summative assessment, marking and providing feedback to students
- Liaising with relevant academic departments at the host university to ensure academic standards are met
- Assisting with the development and maintenance of the College virtual learning environment (VLE).
- Providing data and feedback for related modules
- Maintaining an accurate and up-to-date record of student attendance and performance and use these to inform reports to stakeholders
- Providing academic and tutorial support as a personal tutor
- Participating in regular meetings with teaching and support staff and representing the College at appropriate events and meetings
- Any other duties as required from time to time by the College Management Team
You'll have the following:
- A demonstrable understanding of the particular needs of international students
- A Bachelor’s degree in the relevant subject or a related subject area.
- Master’s degree in the relevant subjects or a related subject area (desirable)
- A recognized teaching qualification or evidence of successful teaching experience
- Experience of teaching the relevant subjects in post 16 education
- Experience of teaching international students (Desirable)
- Ability to develop and update innovative teaching material including technology-enhanced learning resources
- Competent IT and record-keeping skills. (A keen interest in educational technologies is also highly desirable).
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Flexibility and willingness to work under pressure to deadlines in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Enthusiasm and motivation to be a performance-driven team player
- Student-centred and client-focused approach
This appointment will be subject to clearance from the Disclosure Barring Service (formerly CRB). Employment is conditional upon successful DBS clearance and on receiving satisfactory references. Applicants must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work in the UK.
Please apply with yuor CV and covering letter via our online form by 19th July 2018.