Kaplan International Pathways
Kaplan International, a division of Kaplan, Inc., is an exciting company in the world of international education. In our International Higher Education division, we offer a range of courses from University preparation programmes in the UK, Australia, USA, China, the Middle East and Nigeria through to full degree programmes, often in partnership with universities, at locations in Singapore, Hong Kong and Australia. Through our academic partnerships with leading universities, our expertise in international student recruitment and focus on first-rate pastoral care and student support, we offer international students high quality, flexible international higher education study opportunities.
Liverpool International College
Part of Kaplan Inc., Liverpool International College (LIC) operates in partnership with the University of Liverpool to provide a pathway for international students to enter Undergraduate and Postgraduate degrees at the University of Liverpool. LIC is a very special place, where each year over a period of around 9 months, we see students from over 30 countries develop and flourish academically as they prepare for university life. The path can be challenging, as it takes time for students to adjust both socially and academically – but for the members of the LIC team who help to make this happen, that just makes the transformation all the more rewarding.
Kaplan International Colleges seeks to appoint experienced individuals to the post of English Language/Academic Skills Tutor for Liverpool International College.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the delivery of modules in English Language and Academic Skills to students on programmes offered by College. The College offers Foundation Certificate (RQF Level 3) and Pre-Masters (CEFR Level B2) courses and you may be required to teach on either of these programmes. The post will be of particular interest to candidates who enjoy working with international students and in a student centred environment.
• Teaching English Language and Academic Skills modules to students on programmes offered by the College
• Developing and implementing a range of innovative teaching methods including Technology Enhanced Learning (TEL) that engage and meet the needs of all students
• Developing and implementing a range of enrichment and enhancement activities that raise students’ aspirations and achievements
• Contributing to the coordination of Language/Skills modules
• Assisting with module examinations and other forms of assessment, marking and providing feedback to students
• Assisting with the development and maintenance of the College Virtual Learning Environment (VLE).
• Providing data and feedback for related modules
• Maintaining an accurate and up-to-date record of student attendance and performance and use these to inform reports to stakeholders
• Providing academic and tutorial support as a Personal Tutor
• Participating in regular meetings with teaching and support staff and representing the College at appropriate events and meetings
• Any other duties as required from time to time by the College Management Team
The successful candidates will enjoy working with international students, be customer orientated, performance driven and enjoy the challenge of being involved in projects at an early stage of development. In addition the successful candidate will have:
• Full Level 3 qualification (e.g. 3 A Levels) (Essential)
• CELTA (or equivalent) and/or MA in TEFL (Essential)
• Bachelor’s Degree (Desirable)
• Experience of teaching English Language/Academic Skills to international students
• Ability to develop and update innovative teaching material including technology enhanced learning resources
• Excellent IT skills e.g. Microsoft Package, Apps for classroom use
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Flexibility and willingness to work under pressure to deadlines in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
• Enthusiasm and motivation to be a performance-driven team player
• A Student-centred and client-focused approach
Application method and closing date
This appointment will be subject to clearance from the Disclosure and Barring Service. Employment is conditional upon successful completion of DBS and professional reference checks. Applicants must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work in the UK.
If you have the requisite experience and are excited by the opportunity of working with a dynamic group of professionals in a growing organisation please apply via our online application form with your CV and covering letter by midnight, 22nd July 2018.