Who are we?
Kaplan International is a group of international education businesses, providing high quality tuition and pastoral care to students from over 100 countries around the world. Kaplan International English offers language programmes from 2 weeks to a year in 11 schools across the UK and Ireland. Kaplan International Pathways prepares students for undergraduate and postgraduate study from 9 university campus-based colleges and an off-campus London college a few metres from Borough Market. Our Head office at Kensington Village, a beautiful office complex just 5 minutes from West Kensington tube, is home to our global sales, customer service, admissions, marketing, IT, Finance and HR teams.
About the role
We are looking for an experienced Accounts Payable professional who can drive our AP function to new heights of efficiency. The role is 0.6 FTE which could be worked over 3, 4 or 5 days depending on what would work for the individual candidate.
Based within our Finance team in our attractive, modern open-plan office, you’ll be leading a team of 3 Accounts Assistants, all highly motivated accounting professionals in the earlier years of their career and working towards qualification, you will use your experience and knowledge to:
- make improvements in accuracy of coding (cost centres, suppliers, tax codes)
- speed up payment cycles
- identify and resolve bottlenecks
- ensure that all budget holders and approvers have a clear understanding of our supplier payment process and deadlines
- help to set and maintain KPIs which result in noticeable improvements in service delivery
- reduce manual payments and introduce automation where possible
- make more efficient use of our invoice system, Basware
- support your team to deliver against these KPIs and develop their professional skills
In addition to managing and leading the team, you’ll be prepared to roll up your sleeves to assist with weekly payment runs. You’ll also need to be on hand to answer queries from the business and as a committed finance professional with high standards, you will lead by example.
- Experience of managing an AP function
- Track record of having run a highly efficient, well-managed function
- Strong process orientation with an eye for improving systems
- High ability to motivate teams towards high performance
- Interest in supporting individuals’ growth and development
- Proven ability to align team’s performance with company and department’s objectives
- Strong business partnering skills including working with IT on systems
- Clear, professional and where necessary assertive communicator
- First-rate attention to detail
- Able to work well under pressure, prioritise workload and adhere to deadlines
- Understanding of and interest in the bigger picture of finance
How to apply
Please apply with CV and covering letter, explaining what you enjoy about AP work and what experience and skills you could bring to this role at Kaplan International. Closing date for applications: 16th July.