Kaplan International English is a world leading group of English language schools with a network of 43 schools in some of the world’s most desirable destinations – from San Diego to New York, from London to Sydney. Our students study from 2 weeks up to a full academic year and we are proud to welcome language learners from over 100 countries, ensuring a great cosmopolitan mix in our classrooms across the globe.
About the role
We are looking for an Artworker to join our friendly, international team. Based at our beautiful head office in Kensington Village, West Kensington, you will be working alongside our two designers within our creative studio, on a wide range of digital and offline projects. The creative studio sits within our Marketing department of more than 50 people working across all the digital and offline marketing channels.
To succeed in the role, you’ll be someone who can combine high levels of initiative and self-motivation with an ability to take direction from designers and receive briefs from internal stakeholders. This will include:
· Working to existing templates and guidelines to roll out translations
· Apply changes to flyers, our worldwide brochure, pull up banners, merchandise and occasionally fair stand design and other Out Of Home collateral
· Designing for HTML formats, including web banners and email templates
· Working to deadlines, balancing time investment against business needs whilst still ensuring excellence in work produced
· Maintaining the brand identity under the guidance of our designers
We have a strong brand identity which we are very proud of and produce high-quality, multilingual marketing collateral in more than 20 languages and 8 different alphabets! So, if you’re looking for an opportunity to develop your skills and broaden your experience, this is a great creative opportunity. Please do take a look at our website to get a flavour and check out the different language sites to see our international footprint.
Essential skills & experience
· Experience working in a design / artworking capacity for print and online
· Proven ability to deliver accurate work quickly and efficiently, with high attention to correct formatting, high quality layout and appropriate use of typography
· Clear understanding of print processes and ability to produce print-ready or web-ready work
· Strong knowledge of latest design software packages such as InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat
· High level of MAC and MS Office literacy
· Organised approach to file management and tidy, organised working style
· Familiarity working with stylesheets, typesetting, typography and graphical treatments
· Experience working with multiple languages, including Arabic, Asian and Cyrillic
· Advertising / marketing agency experience will be looked favourably upon
To thrive in the role and work well in the team, you will need to:
· Be passionate about detail and order, getting enjoyment from things being organised, well laid out and delivered to perfection
· Be considerate and communicative in respect of co-workers and understand what it means to be part of a team
· Have a positive, “can-do”, solution-finding mind-set
· Enjoy working in a friendly, informal environment with colleagues who share their commitment to excellence
· Be capable of prioritising work load, with the flexibility to accommodate change or adjust as needs of the business require
· Have a strong service ethos and take pride producing good work
· Be able to work well in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
Salary and benefits
This is a full-time position, paying a yearly salary up to £25,000. You will be fully supported in your role with on-going coaching and training from your colleagues and managers.
Please apply by Monday, 30 July with your CV and Covering letter