Kaplan International, a division of Kaplan, Inc., is an exciting company in the world of international education. In our division, we offer a range of courses in the UK, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, Canada and USA. Our expertise focusses on first-rate pastoral care and student support, and offer international students high quality, flexible international study opportunities.
Our Finance team based at our head office in Kensington Village, West Kensington, covers the full range of accounting services and functions to the business – from receivables, balance sheets and Income Statements right through to relationship building with off-site finance teams and the provision of analysis and management information.
About the role
This is a great role for a Part qualified accountant who is looking for an opportunity to take ownership of the end-to-end accounting process for a number of international entities which are part of the Kaplan. Ideally, you will have a good few exams under your belt (ACCA or CIMA) and will now be keen to take your career to the next step by gain hands-on experience of key financial accounting concepts and practices.
Based in our Head Office (West Kensington, London), you will be a key member of our Finance Team which is made up motivated, finance professionals from around the world. You will report to the Financial Controller and will work closely with the Finance Managers in the local offices (Colombia, Venezuela, France and Thailand).
Main responsibilities and Functions
- Full ownership of Account Receivables for International Sales office (ISO) entities:
- Preparing Risk Analysis reports; liaising with Customer Care and local Accountants to ensure all students have paid before arrival and all refunds are processed within our T&C policy.
- Supporting local teams with any Accounts Receivable queries and with allocation of students’ deposits, Debit and Credit Notes postings as required.
- Preparing write-offs for the month and posting Debit/Credit notes once they are approved
- Supported initially by the Finance Manager, preparing Balance Sheet reconciliation files for all ISOs for monthly review
- Reconciliating suspense accounts and actively investigating and resolve open entries
- Managing weekly ISO refund requests using SharePoint, incorporating review and actioning queries until refunds are ready for approval.
- Posting bank transaction entries for wide range of entities.
- Coordinating intercompany relationships throughout the month for a smooth month-end close.
- Ownership for comprehensive month-end close tasks including Production Charges, ISO Fees, Partner Deferred Revenue, Bad debt provision, AR Credit and Management Charges Journals, Intercompany reconciliations, reconciliation of all ISO’s bank accounts (10) and reconciliation of AP & AR.
- Assisting with Oracle and BPC consolidated reporting submissions.
- Assisting with Audit and SOX requests.
- Ad hoc tasks related to the position.
- Responding in a timely manner any queries from Local offices and schools.
- Currently studying towards an accounting qualification
- Ability to build strong relationships with remotely located stakeholders
- A liking for problem solving
- An excellent eye for detail.
- The ability to work to strict deadlines
- Well organised and able to multitask
Please apply with your CV and cover letter by Friday 13th July.