Kaplan Inc is one of the world’s most dynamic private education providers with revenues exceeding US$2.6 billion.
Kaplan International Pathways helps international students from more than 50 countries to transform their futures. Our university preparation programmes, operated in partnership with leading universities across the UK, Australia and the USA, facilitate entry to a wide range of undergraduate and postgraduate degree programmes – from science and engineering through to business, media, computing and law. In Singapore, Hong Kong and Australia, we deliver qualifications ranging from vocational certificates and diplomas through to bachelors and masters degrees in partnership with leading higher education institutions in the UK, Ireland and Australia. In addition to high quality teaching, we offer first-rate pastoral care and student support so that students thrive personally and socially as well as academically.
About the role
We are now looking for an ambitious, experienced and exceptional individual to assist the Regional Director, Indian Subcontinent, in leading a talented and successful Sales team. The Regional Manager – Indian Subcontinent (US Programs) will be a specialist in recruiting students for US Universities and will have responsibly for leading the team to meet challenging recruitment targets to our partner institutions. This will be primarily through nurturing and developing our agent network, but also through channel development with schools and universities and through strong and targeted conversion campaigns. Successful candidates will relish the opportunity to represent our brand and cultivate a market for our high-value, premium product within the region. Only candidates with exemplary customer service skills and proven results to target should apply. The role will involve extensive travel in the region and potentially internationally.
As the Regional Manager, you will provide the vision, leadership and coordination of the Indian Subcontinent recruitment function for US programs. You will be responsible for:
- ‘Team Leader’ responsibilities to support the Regional Director in inspiring, motivating and developing the recruitment and admissions team as industry leaders in service and results
- Supporting the team in developing and implementing strategic marketing plans in order to meet challenging recruitment targets, on budget. This includes planning recruitment visits to markets, agents and schools, agent training and channel development.
- Analysis of US student recruitment data and trends, identifying opportunities to maximise student recruitment
- Managing agent relationships, with an emphasis on training and support to ensure loyalty and high performance
- Ensuring first class experience for students, parents, and partner universities
- Providing market and industry insight and intelligence to a range of internal stakeholders across the global team
- Building effective relationships with senior managers across the business
- Line management of 2-3 regional staff
To be considered for this role you must:
- Have an overseas undergraduate degree or equivalent
- Have extensive experience of home and international student recruitment markets
- Have a sound understanding US further and higher education and its trends
- Have a proven track record of meeting and exceeding targets
- Have experience managing and leading staff to success
- Be able to build and maintain business relationships at all levels, demonstrate ability to interact confidently with business colleagues and management worldwide
- Display outstanding communication skills, including strong counselling and negotiation skills, and the ability to present clearly and persuasively
- Have a high level of enthusiasm, motivation, personal commitment and independence to undertake lengthy periods of work without supervision
- Possess problem solving and organisational skills to deal with complex and difficult situations autonomously as they arise, and with a cool head
- Have an entrepreneurial spirit and the ability to respond positively to change
- Have a high level of literacy and attention to detail to produce clear concise reports, business plans and strategies
- Possess strong cultural awareness, emotional intelligence and diplomacy
Apply with your CV and covering letter via our online application form by 17 July. The cover letter should clearly state your suitability for the role, why you want the role, and evidence of strong writing skills.
Employment is conditional upon successful completion of professional reference checks.